Sign in to follow this  
chatman

What about yesterday's development update?

🤔

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

good point, obviously overrun by the recent patch issues wrt to increased number of CTDs and I rather see a fix here soon then yet another development update at this point in time

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The dev update was 2 days ago as normal and is on the forum.. just hasn't been pinned yet.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Seriously?

lol.........................I know you could not make this boo up.....

Its like the night lighting topic, love it....hate it....love it...hate it....love it......

One of the things I hate about this new sim is the amount boo on these forums. P3D is so much more "grown up"

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden.   MSFS  • Fenix A320 • PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet •

• Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF •  Flightsim.to •

DCS • A10c II • F-16c • F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier • Terrains = • Nevada NTTR • Persian Gulf • Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON •  32GB DDR4  3200MHz • RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip •

2 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

The dev update was 2 days ago as normal and is on the forum.. just hasn't been pinned yet.

Graham

Wrong DEV update - it is the weekly Thursday update they were talking about.

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

lol.........................I know you could not make this boo up.....

Its like the night lighting topic, love it....hate it....love it...hate it....love it......

One of the things I hate about this new sim is the amount boo on these forums. P3D is so much more "grown up"

I was hoping I did not have to say this but as many are waiting for this sim to mature, I'm waiting for some here to do the same.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, Moria15 said:

Graham

The only update on top I see ist from Oct 22nd in which it states

NEXT UPDATE – 10.29

Or am I blind?

• Upvote 1

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

2 minutes ago, chatman said:

The only update on top I see ist from Oct 22nd in which it states

NEXT UPDATE – 10.29

Or am I blind?

Moria15 is referring to the video of the DEVs - he did not understand what you meant.

1 minute ago, CJ1045 said:

Moria15 is referring to the video of the DEVs - he did not understand what you meant.

I see.

And I know it's a 1st world problem - I'm still very interested to see their updates and until now they have always been on time, hence the question

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I was hoping I did not have to say this but as many are waiting for this sim to mature, I'm waiting for some here to do the same.

That's to be expected when this new flight sim is going to cater to a whole new crowd, the Xbox console crowd. Expect to see more immaturity when it finally releases.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, CJ1045 said:

Wrong DEV update - it is the weekly Thursday update they were talking about.

ahhh my apologies.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Yeah, there was no Development Update as planned yesterday. I even stayed up later than usual while filing my Zendesk reports.

The content for that update was supposed to be the new Around the World trailer, patch notes for Update #5, updated Feedback Snapshot and an SDK/third-party update. Since we already got the first two and the Feedback Snapshot is probably not going to look very different compared to last week's, I guess they decided to just delay the SDK/third-party update.

However, keep in mind that we are supposed to get an update on the CTD situation in the morning of the PDT timezone, which means that it could have been delayed to include those news as well. Their wording suggests that it could be a hotfix alternatively.

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Indeed, is getting too much, sometimes is unbearable. I really feel bad to Asobo, I mean if I was working as Software Engineer in Asobo and I read all these nonsense threads, really I'd just say "f the community". I mean is totally good when someone give a constructive feedback in order for Asobo to address these issues but instead you'd fine "Asobo shame on you.." threads upvoted, you read it, you don't get what is the fuss all about, just like the night lighting, until now me myself, confused what people want, some say intensity is too much, some say is yellowsh .. and the rest is ranting, if I can't understand it as part of the community, how about the devs in the Asobo? They already said it in the Q&A "Please community, write an exact issue", I take it as polite way to say, stop ranting and write on point feedback. 

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super