Sign in to follow this  
AndrewL

27" + 49" + 27" monitor setup

Has anyone got a 27" + 49" + 27" monitor setup? I'm thinking of trying this. The resolution would be 1080 high. Any issues? A big frame rate reduction?

On 10/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, AndrewL said:

Has anyone got a 27" + 49" + 27" monitor setup? I'm thinking of trying this. The resolution would be 1080 high. Any issues? A big frame rate reduction?

So the minimum 49 is 3840 wide.  Assuming you go with two 1920 x1080 28 that's another 3840.  My 49 is 5120x1440.    What are you using to push 8K or even 9K resolution in any flightsim?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On 11/1/2020 at 5:03 PM, psolk said:

So the minimum 49 is 3840 wide.  Assuming you go with two 1920 x1080 28 that's another 3840.  My 49 is 5120x1440.    What are you using to push 8K or even 9K resolution in any flightsim?  

Yes, it would have been 7680 x 1080. But I did a proof of concept with two other monitors with higher native resolutions, but set to 1920 x 1080. The outcome:

(a) I wasn't able to stretch the display using Nvidia surround, as that app doesn't work with non-standard (e.g. super ultrawide) resolutions. I tried using a utility (forgot name) for altering the monitor-reported resolutions, which was supposed to help, but it didn't. The 49" had a standard resolution when using surround, so it was stretched.

(b) It was too slow. With a 2070S and Ryzen 7 3800X on Ultra I was getting single digit frame rates, and on Medium it was in the teens or low 20s. I thought that even with a faster GPU it would be too slow.

So not a success.

Edited by AndrewL