Sign in to follow this  
captainjensen

FA voice control?

Hi,

love the crj fs2crew, just getting started.

I noticed in the manual states I can select the "CALL" button in the virtual cockpit to speak to the cabin crew. Can I only make request use the buttons commands or can I use voice commands?

Same goes for the ground power. I cannot find a physical button in the cockpit to call ground but I believe it to be the "Mech" button next to the right FMS. 

http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/CRJ-00_and_00-Communications.pdf see page 9

Edited by captainjensen

Glad you like it 😉

You can say: 

• one coffee please
  • one tea please
  • a coffee and a tea please
  • some lunch please
  • some dinner please
  • some breakfast please
  • one juice please
  • one water please
  • i will keep you updated
  • I will keep you in the loop
  • I'll keep you updated
  • I'll keep you in the loop
  • I'll keep you informed
  • I will keep you informed

Ground Connection voice commands will be added in the next update.  I'll have to check my notes, there may have been a technical reason why we didn't include them.

Best,

Edited by byork

14 minutes ago, byork said:

Glad you like it 😉

You can say: 

• one coffee please
  • one tea please
  • a coffee and a tea please
  • some lunch please
  • some dinner please
  • some breakfast please
  • one juice please
  • one water please
  • i will keep you updated
  • I will keep you in the loop
  • I'll keep you updated
  • I'll keep you in the loop
  • I'll keep you informed
  • I will keep you informed

Ground Connection voice commands will be added in the next update.  I'll have to check my notes, there may have been a technical reason why we didn't include them.

Best,

awesome. So things like arm and cross check, which is available as a button press I can see, is that not also available as a voice command? I can see several options the popup display for FA calls

On 10/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, byork said:

You could say it, but nothing will happen because we can't physically arm the doors in the CRJ.

Alright, but would it be possible if we call them on the intercom we just get a general acknowledgement like "ok captain" as they do answer the PA call. And a certain word like "crosscheck" warrants a "ok" response? 

Just a thought.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, byork said:

I'll consider it, but I've never heard of the Purser phoning the flight deck to say "okay" to that PA.

I might poorly explained my experience. I learnt that pressing the CALL button gets an audio response from the cabin crew. I thought there is a list of things you can ask them to do and they would respond just like the button version when opening the fs2cew FMS sec system, FA page.

The arm slides and cross check was a mistake as you are right in that its not something the crew report to the pilots generally. But I can see on the button version there is diversion, delays etc which then the crew respond. 

Just wanted to check that there is no voice options for those commands