Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Boeing B314 Clipper released by PILOT's

Has anyone actually managed to get the gyro pilot to work yet?

I've tried it exclusively from both the VC and the 2d panel, both instances I start trimmed straight and level and when engaged it just banks me over into a steep dive or banks me up into a spin.

Any thoughts?

Gyro pilot is a little buggy in Today's version. Patch for this incoming, but dont forget about trims :).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Thanks! so when you mean, 'don't forget about trims' you mean make sure you are trimmed out in straight and level flight before engaging? 

1 hour ago, Mantock said:

Thanks! so when you mean, 'don't forget about trims' you mean make sure you are trimmed out in straight and level flight before engaging? 

No 🙂 its possible to trim this bird for fixed level of fly, near hands off (till the Sperry will be fixed 😉 ).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Ah yes, that's what I've been doing, just sitting (work from home on my laptop) and steering the beast just with the rudder pedals, once it's trimmed at the right speed it sit's fairly comfortably at the right altitude. Until turbulence knocks it about a bit. But having the sperry autopilot actually working would be great, then I could do trans atlantic without having to stare at it for 9hrs. Also my first couple atempts I was having a problem where the engines would just die after about 3hrs of flight. I had them in auto rich setting which I thought would be ok at 8000ft, if they automatically regulate based on altitude. But apparently not, so I must try on auto lean next atempt.

Edited by Mantock
update

Here are two examples of improved textures cockpit (brighter + changes). Two new versions for Clipper - green like default and blue/grey, like Pan Am colours (alternative version). Examples show how textures looks with auto exposure ON and OFF option.

lVa4rKc.gif

nwgO99g.gif

In this case auto exposure helps for interior but affects outside too (sky, fog, clouds ect). I personally fly with OFF now and Im waititing for HT1 changes to release it.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif