Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Hotfix for MSFS later today

I just seem to be (annoyingly) lucky with patches as it was only the VFR map bug that gave me CTDs repeatably. 

Have to agree that it makes so much sense for Asobo to have a beta testing branch. The Alpha infrastructure is presumably still available so I don't know why they just don't do that.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Man, I sure got my money's worth on my purchase of MS BUG SIMULATOR 2020.Thank you Asobo! 

I don't think it is a lack of effort on Asobo's part, it is a very complex piece of software, yet they and MS should certainly be up to the testing task.

If nothing else, set up 20 sim machines in a room, each with a different set of 'common' controllers, including some using FSUIPC, hire 20 RW pilots who also have some flight simulator and software experience to be testers, and offer a nice bonus for each new bug found.  Something like that might reduce the problems with updates!  😉

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

About an hour left before COB Pacific time to push a hotfix out....

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Hotfix has been delayed to later this weekend

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

And Asobo has not mentioned anything about the bug that broke the add-on liveries... not good.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Here's hoping the hotfix is more treat than trick. 👻 Have 2 flights under new patch. The new AA works great, hit the frame rate a bit but so far seems worth it.

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

And Asobo has not mentioned anything about the bug that broke the add-on liveries... not good.

Cheers, Ed

I feel for you, but I don’t see them supporting any add-in content not provided by them.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

1 minute ago, FrankR409 said:

I feel for you, but I don’t see them supporting any add-in content not provided by them.

But they provided instructions in the SDK to allow third parties to develop liveries for the different planes, and it seems they changed something, so now they cannot tell they won't be supporting third party content.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

32 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Asobo/MS has now had time to see some of the other 'new' bugs mentioned on this forum, so maybe since they have to put out a Hot Fix anyway to deal with the controller profiles issue, they decided to take a bit more time to fix a few other things. Or so we can hope.

Al

Edited by ark

8 minutes ago, edpatino said:

But they provided instructions in the SDK to allow third parties to develop liveries for the different planes, and it seems they changed something, so now they cannot tell they won't be supporting third party content.

Cheers, Ed

That’s a fair point, Ed.  I hope they get to the bottom of it.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

34 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It hasn't been delayed since it was never promised today (the original poster misrepresented Asobo's tweet in the thread title).

Edited by spacedyemeerkat

5 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

It hasn't been delayed since it was never promised today (the original poster misrepresented Asobo's tweet in the thread title).

It was:

https://twitter.com/MSFSofficial/status/1322231507600093184?s=20

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

Just now, spacedyemeerkat said:

They "hoped" to have it live today

I too hoped they were telling the truth.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed