Sign in to follow this  
CaptBillyBob

Cloud Textures Patch 5

8 hours ago, Evros said:

So they just keep reducing denoising to the point where noise from dithering is screamingly apparent? For what, one FPS gain?

8 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

So it looks that bad to everyone?  I get it in water and on some other textures too.  Am I over cooking my CPU and GPU with my settings possibly?  I don't think that I have a low end system so i thought i'd be able to push it a little.  

Don't know guys, let's say grain will be reduced the more performance gains they manage to achieve. The same happened with xEnviro for XP too. Without grain, performance was hammered even on high end configs. Slowly with each update they managed to reduce it thanks to optimization and more performance

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Without "before" pictures under exactly the same conditions, this thread is pointless. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Without "before" pictures under exactly the same conditions, this thread is pointless. 

Has it always been like this for you? Do you find it acceptable?

• Like 1

I cant see anything awful on your pictures. Maybe there are some grainy clouds here and there, but I thought that was normal. I think they look fine, and 1000 times better than p3d and xp. 

Here is a sample of my clouds with the latest update: 

8qOOW7t.jpg

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I feel the grain in more apparent than before, but, not just in clouds, as I see this dithering in shadows more as well. I wonder if it's due the the extra sharpening that seems to have been added to the TAA? To me everything is a touch over-sharp now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

There arent many before and after pics in this thread, so it might all be in your heads. 

While I would agree that it is hard to compare, it is also hard to revert back to previous versions after updates because I don't think it is possible.  All I can say is that for me, my clouds looks like the ones in the link below from a previous poster and they didn't look as bad previously.  After this update, I am also seeing grainy water and other textures that were not there before.  In the scheme of things it isn't that big of a deal, but I'd like to hopefully get it fixed since I have seen others with nicer looking textures.  It also might just come down to my pc not being able to handle the graphics.  I have no idea on that. 

https://imgbb.com/dKjq9Fw

https://imgbb.com/nLCK5dH

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Well,  

I just "love" disproving myself.  Here is a "before" pic that I took when I thought the clouds were "glorious".  Of course 1080p on a 1080p 25 inch monitor does look absolutely fabulous.

I am looking at the same photo now on my 43 inch UHD TV with HDR, and guess what.  I notice all the dithering.  No duh.  So at least in my case, I don't think the quality has gone down as much as I'm looking at the same pic with a larger window.  

2020-09-10-19h50-46.png🙂

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The clouds look awful after the latest patch. Pixelated, horrible...

Here is a printscreen from September

My specs : I7 9700@5 GHz, RTX 3090 , 32 GB DDR4, 4K resolution, 1 Gbps Internet speed

https://postimg.cc/Hcf3CXhQ

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

It's not the MSFS 2020 fault / issue 

We need to make sure, our PC is running ok, Windows settings, feeding the dog, our shoes are too big, etc

They'll " fix" everything, with the next update 

By the way, MicroSobo, please, remove all the buildings. We don't need them.

Don't forget to disable / remove / the waves, Ai aircrafts, waters, ships, roads. 

Why would we need all these ? 

Aaaaa, I almost forgot : you could remove the right wing of each aircraft. 

We don't need them. 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

13 hours ago, Alvega said:

I see this too, but it was not introduced with this patch, I had since the patch before this one. But it's worse now.

Agreed.  

I agree. Clouds simply look BAD not worse but BAD. Its mostly on the further clouds. They look completely grainy. 

Xe4tpkW.png

Edited by roi1862
  • Like 1

Roi Ben