Sign in to follow this  
CaptBillyBob

Cloud Textures Patch 5

15 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

For me, maybe this wasn't because of the sim update, but maybe because of the latest Nvidia driver update.  457.09.  Is there a way to easily revert back to the previous driver and check with that one?  I only see the latest driver in the Nvidia experience app so I wasn't sure how to install an older one.

To rollback driver go to Device Manager>Display Adapters>Your GPU>Properties>Driver>Rollback driver

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

For me, maybe this wasn't because of the sim update, but maybe because of the latest Nvidia driver update.  457.09.  Is there a way to easily revert back to the previous driver and check with that one?  I only see the latest driver in the Nvidia experience app so I wasn't sure how to install an older one.

try here

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

I thought it was just my clouds that look VERY pixelated, i'm using a 4K TV @ 3840x2160 resolution.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Just tried an approach through the clouds and wow they look awful now? Almost like pixelated powdered sugar on the tops (seriously pun intended), when they had been really smooth before. Wonder what happened?

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

They are just trying to optimize it for the Xbox, unfortunately 

Disgusting... 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Some news. I have restored my previous driver 456.71 (October 7, 2020) and unfortunately after a short flight, clouds are always pixelated. So, i have reinstalled the 457.09 (October 29, 2020).

Litttle detail : i noticed that clouds are SOMETIMES pixelated, not always and not everywhere.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

9 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

Disgusting... 

another nonsense post.

• Like 2

I got the best results after reverting back all my NVIDIA settings related to FS to default, than everything related to antilaliasing desabled or driven by the application,  plus setting the sharpen=0 in the cfg file. Not perfect but much better now, i can live with it.

3 hours ago, wim123 said:

another nonsense post.

Another evangelist

• Like 1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

12 hours ago, webstef68 said:

I got the best results after reverting back all my NVIDIA settings related to FS to default, than everything related to antilaliasing desabled or driven by the application,  plus setting the sharpen=0 in the cfg file. Not perfect but much better now, i can live with it.

Do you restore to default in the global settings or program settings, MSFS (or both)?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

10 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

Another evangelist

Not really.   How in the word would you know that this is dumbing down of the clouds when it is not universal?

On 11/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, Zimmerbz said:

Do you restore to default in the global settings or program settings, MSFS (or both)?

I keep my global settings to default and sometimes play a little with the MSFS. But i couldn't get totaly rid of the problem, we must hope that an update will do it...

On 11/4/2020 at 1:28 AM, Sphynnx said:

Disgusting... 

Why would they do that? the new Xbox is faster than most users' computers.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 11/4/2020 at 12:57 PM, Sphynnx said:

Another evangelist

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

As far as I am aware there are no facts to support your original statement.

• Upvote 1

I hope and pray that a third party dev, like REX, will produce some replacement cloud textures, if at all this is possible. For me, I have always thought the clouds look awful. Sure, overall, from a distance, the atmosphere and immersion they produce is stunning, but this is far too often spolied by clouds that look pixilated, and have been drawn by a child! I'm surprised so may don't share this view :unsure:

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776