Sign in to follow this  
Pepsimachine

Now able to load approaches when flying direct to

So happy to be able to now load a flight without a destination and then load a destination from the cockpit and be able to load and activate approaches.

• Like 5

Which plane are you talking about here?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Nice 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I was also successful last night with the TBM930 in starting a flight with no world map flight plan, picking a random airport 'Direct to' and then loading/activating an approach on the G3000.  I'm 99% sure this was broken in the past.  No mods installed.

Will try the G1000 and G3X later tonight.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Curious to know if it'll work with the working title mods enabled.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

29 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Curious to know if it'll work with the working title mods enabled.

I just did one approach into KVNY with the G1000 working title mod (latest version) and everything worked great.  I took off from KAVX, did a direct to, selected my approach and it worked great (flying the Bonanza mod as well).  The glideslope didn't do the thing where it starts out below you either (not sure if that was fixed in a previous patch or by the mod). 

I'm no expert and this was just one quick flight but I have to say, everything worked exactly as expected. 

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Oh my gosh.... serious?  That would be a huge improvement!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Pepsimachine said:

TBM930 and Cirrus are what I have tried. I'm assuming it's across the board.

Longitude as well.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

39 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

The glideslope didn't do the thing where it starts out below you either (not sure if that was fixed in a previous patch or by the mod). 

I'm no expert and this was just one quick flight but I have to say, everything worked exactly as expected. 

I wish I could agree...

KTPA, RNAV 01L via FITPA

All the original bugs are still there..

Bert

32 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Oh my gosh.... serious?  That would be a huge improvement!!

Unfortunately... ☹️

Bert

Well I am using the WT G1000 version 3.2, which was released yesterday to be compliant with 5.  Today I flew an ILS approach to 35R at KHVS, Huntsville, AL.  I loaded the approach midway during my 3 hour flight.  The only transition was the IAF.  When I looked at it in the FPL page the FAF was the only approach point listed.  The IAF was missing.  A look back at the PROC page showed the ILS 36R approach was selected, and with the IAF as the transition. Perplexing.  So after passing the last waypoint prior the approach, I activated the approach.  The G1000 turned me to FAF.  Required a 80° turn when I got there.  I quickly engaged APR mode and it flew the approach and GS just fine.

So. What would it have done if I had waited to see if the flight plan would have taken me to the IAF had I not activated the approach at the point I did.  If so, is the proper sequence to then wait until just after the IAF to both Activate the approach, and also then to engage the APR mode?  I am well versed with the GNS and GPS.  I however am not aware of how the G1000 is supposed to operate.

BTW.  This was the first long flight I have taken using the G1000 and latest WT mod and it was the first flight of that duration where the G1000 MFD did not lock me into a page and freeze the engine monitoring, or change my mouse cursor to something strange.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Oh , so maybe not working haha?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

55 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I am well versed with the GNS and GPS.  I however am not aware of how the G1000 is supposed to operate.

The G1000 is supposed to operate exactly the same... anything less is a shortcoming in the current gauge.

• Like 1

Bert