Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Weird floating lights in the sky few hundred feet AGL??

3 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Assume this is a bug post patch?

I would recommend making a report at MUFON 🙃

https://www.mufon.com/

No, but seriously I haven't seen that. Is it at a specific location?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Street lights floating 100s of feet above ground have been an issue in certain locations all the back to Alpha. You need to send a bug report with the specific location and a screenshot. 

• Like 3

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

47 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

Street lights floating 100s of feet above ground have been an issue in certain locations all the back to Alpha. You need to send a bug report with the specific location and a screenshot. 

hmmmm strange not noticed them before, just been over to msfs forum and appears it is indeed a bug.

Thomas Derbyshire

On 10/30/2020 at 9:07 PM, turnandbank said:

Had the same issue at LPMA when I load flight with cockpit tool tips off. When I load the same flight with tool tips on the light's are all ok. The workaround I found is to load flight with cockpit tool tips on and then go back to menu and and turn tips off. Very weird!! 

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

You can see them in the Halloween Challenge almost everywhere. initially I thought it was part of the Halloween atmosphere...

• Like 2

I like the idea of having strange lights in the sky as an easter egg. Keep the effect subtle, at a distance and with an extremely rare spawn rate, maybe only a few percent of players ever see them. Complete waste of time of course, but would make for some interesting discussion.

Had them in my glideslope coming into RW30L at KSJC last night. Had to fly through them on my way to landing.

James

3 hours ago, Noooch said:

You can see them in the Halloween Challenge almost everywhere. initially I thought it was part of the Halloween atmosphere...

I too have the floating lights in this challenge.  See them occasionally when flying out of the world map also. 

Would be interesting to know if others experience floating orbs in the new Halloween challenge.  Can't be any more consistent than this.  Everything is pre-set and loaded up the same for everybody.  

Wondered why would an activity be released like this, but maybe it displays fine for some and different for others.  

Just now, ivng said:

I too have the floating lights in this challenge.  See them occasionally when flying out of the world map also. 

Would be interesting to know if others experience floating orbs in the new Halloween challenge.  Can't be any more consistent than this.  Everything is pre-set and loaded up the same for everybody.  

Wondered why would an activity be released like this, but maybe it displays fine for some and different for others.  

Just wondering, do you have cockpit tool tips on or off? If off, load the same challenge but with cockpit tool tips on

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

I have tooltips on.  In fact I'm seeing a more severe problem at ORBX LOWI but according to their forums, this is a known conflict between ORBX and Asobo.

Thomas Derbyshire

Floating lights with cockpit tooltips on and off.

Can at least one person confirm that there are no floating orbs for them in the new Halloween landing challenge?  The string of above-ground lights starts at the left turn by the mountain, just above the highrise building.  They dissapear as I get closer to each one.

If not mistaken, developers mentioned they're having problems recreating lightning out of blue skies in their hunt for that bug.  Too many variables to recreate users' experience.

I know floating lights are also a known issue, but now we have this activity which is set up exactly the same for everyone - might be easier for developers to address the issue now.  

We all have the same code, load up the same challenge, not sure if airplane mods get loaded up for these, I am sure scenery add-ons do load up for landing challenges, but probably safe to assume most don't have scenery addons for this area.  Points to user system-specific variables affecting display of lights.

Will submit a Zendesk report as soon as I hear from someone 'no floaties for me'.  More user data will be needed.  Will let others ask what information is valuable to know.  This could be good for us.  

I also have th floating lights in the Halloween challenge.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

On 11/1/2020 at 8:17 AM, overt said:

I like the idea of having strange lights in the sky as an easter egg. Keep the effect subtle, at a distance and with an extremely rare spawn rate, maybe only a few percent of players ever see them. Complete waste of time of course, but would make for some interesting discussion.

I like that idea as well.

FSX had the shooting stars which appeared randomly.  That was always a cool and surprising thing to experience.  

Alexander Alonso