Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 30th 2020 - Development Update

OCTOBER 30TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_Screenshot_20

Screenshot by simtom2

Update #5 released yesterday and an issue with custom input profiles was discovered, causing some crashes with certain 3rd party peripherals. The team has been hard at work to address this issue and a hotfix is scheduled for release this weekend. As always, if you see or experience any issues, please contact us via Zendesk or the forums and we will do our best to address it! Thank you for your patience as we move forward together.
– MSFS TEAM

Development-Banner-GIF.gif

UPDATE 5 RELEASE NOTES

Update #5 is officially out. Release Notes for Update #5 can be found here.

AROUND THE WORLD EPISODE 6: SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Slide2-2.jpgSlide1-2.jpg

SDK UPDATE

The SDK team continues to work on many areas of the SDK based on input from the third party developer community. Recent work focused on:

• DevMode:
    • We are working on the rework of the Console with specific focus on its layout and ergonomics.
    • A dedicated team is finalizing the first internal version of the forthcoming Node-based Visual Effects System.
    • Improvements, new options, and small features continue to be added here and there in tools. To highlight just one, there is a new LOD debug option when testing your models in-sim.
    • As a background task, the DevMode team is always working on improving the overall stability of the DevMode, giving special focus to the Project Editor, the Scenery Editor, and the Aircraft Editor. The community’s feedback continues to be helpful in identifying & fixing bugs and thus making the tools better.
  • WebAssembly:
    • Fixed mouse middle/right button click events.
    • Implemented the GDI+ DrawImage function.
    • Implementing a different in-game compilation process to decrease iteration times.
    • Benchmarking some typical algorithm/functions to assess potential run-time speed improvements.
    • Implementing some additional WASI functions that were not yet supported

3RD PARTY UPDATE

69 partners have now been approved to our Marketplace Partnership Program and the amount and quality of content just keeps going up! Last week, we added another 4 airports, 1 landmark scenery pack and 1 aircraft. IndiaFoxtEcho’s Long-EZ is a blast to fly. There are many upcoming releases we are excited about including the CRJ from Aerosoft, the PA44 from Carenado, the Jabiru from IRIS, the 787 from Quality Wings and many others – plus, of course, more and more exciting airports. It’s great to see the momentum of the third parties. Nothing is more energizing for our team than seeing the creativity of the creator community flourish! Thank you!!!

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

There were 6 new products released yesterday and 4 products that were updated on Monday.

6 NEW PRODUCTS

image002-2.jpg

image003-2.jpg

image004-1.jpg

image006-2.jpg

image008-2.jpg

image009-4.jpg

Products Updated Monday, 10/26:

4 UPDATED PRODUCTS

image010-1.jpg

image012.jpg

image003.png

image016.jpg

Community-Banner-GIF.gif

MORE AMAZING SCREENSHOTS FROM THE COMMUNITY

Mariangello-1.jpg

Screenshot by Mariangello

gordongreig-2.jpg

Screenshot by gordongreig

Pilot1811.png

Screenshot by Pilot1811

SmudgyBoar.png

Screenshot by SmudgyBoar

ArcticWolf35793.png

Screenshot by ArcticWolf35793

YaSnAviation.jpg

Screenshot by YaSnAviation

mach219.jpg

Screenshot by mach219

YaSnAviation-2.jpg

Screenshot by YaSnAviation

S1oppyTuna.jpeg

Screenshot by S1oppyTuna

MuddledOsprey46.jpg

Screenshot by MuddledOsprey46

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 11.05

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I think the feedback snapshot is frozen in time. 

It is the one demonstrated in the Developer Q&A, so it is at least three days old now. Hopefully it will be properly updated next time...

• Like 1

🌲’d

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No mention of VR

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

1 hour ago, Spit40 said:

No mention of VR

They said several times "high priority, release when it's ready"... no need to mention it in every report.

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Finally 🙂

I agree that there seems to ne not much progress but let's hope they  focus on things like VR and Scenery enhancements.

I asked this question already but got no answer: why is there a gap between Update 5 and update 9? What about 6-8?

• Like 1

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

The latest update isn't installing for me. I'm going from "checking for updates" to the menu as usual. My Internet is working just fine. I wonder what gives. 

10 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Update #5 released yesterday and an issue with custom input profiles was discovered, causing some crashes with certain 3rd party peripherals. The team has been hard at work to address this issue and a hotfix is scheduled for release this weekend. As always, if you see or experience any issues, please contact us via Zendesk or the forums and we will do our best to address it! Thank you for your patience as we move forward together.
– MSFS TEAM

Nice to see they're finally releasing hotfixes for serious bugs.

And the improvements in the SDK/devmode section are looking good! This once again demonstrates there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than just working along the bullet points mentioned in the voted bugs/wishlist from the official forums (as some people seemed to suggest here on the AVSIM forums).

• Like 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

1 hour ago, Spit40 said:

No mention of VR

In the q&a it sounded as if the first wave of closed beta was about to launch with patch 5 or shortly after.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, pstrub said:

They said several times "high priority, release when it's ready"... no need to mention it in every report.

They said VR beta testing would begin this week. It's the absence of news on that I was really referring to.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

2 hours ago, chatman said:

I asked this question already but got no answer: why is there a gap between Update 5 and update 9? What about 6-8?

Update #6 is a CPU optimisation patch, while #7 is the USA World Update. We don't know anything about #8 yet, and from the looks of it #9 is going to be a Simulation Update.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Spit40 said:

They said VR beta testing would begin this week. It's the absence of news on that I was really referring to.

Ahhh sorry, I get that. As I don't own a VR headset yet, I haven't followed the VR beta very closely. Yes would be interesting to have a bit of information about it! 

7 hours ago, Spit40 said:

Pretty certain they said the same or it had started in the Q&A which is probably why they didn't bother mentioning in this dev update.

Give people power to really test their personality.

6 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Update #6 is a CPU optimisation patch, while #7 is the USA World Update. We don't know anything about #8 yet, and from the looks of it #9 is going to be a Simulation Update.

Obviously the Bat Phone is working again 🙂 Or you just actually read about this stuff. Inside joke people, from the Alpha days! I hope the Hotfix fixes everyone's issues and I feel bad for anyone that had problems with any update or purchase of the sim.

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ