Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Traffic is still hosed post Update 5

Sat at SLC for an hour after arrival from DEN, not a single departure or arrival and not much out of Denver and enroute. Monitored with LiveATC and Flightaware, there was plenty going on. Sigh. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Its hit and miss. Some places there are loads of planes. Other places it seems dead. This was raised on the q&a earlier this week but the question was not why there is so little AI traffic. It was "any improvements planned for AI" which led to a response about liveries and more aircraft models being planned so we are none the wiser on whether this as designed (perhaps for performance reasons) or some kind of bug.

Edited by sanh
  • Like 1

Yes, the A.I traffic is very sparse. Does anyone know if there are any plans to port over "Ultimate Traffic 2" or "Traffic Global" to the sim ?. Although it could be a SDK issue that devs are waiting on Asobo for.

27 minutes ago, bloxboy said:

Yes, the A.I traffic is very sparse. Does anyone know if there are any plans to port over "Ultimate Traffic 2" or "Traffic Global" to the sim ?. Although it could be a SDK issue that devs are waiting on Asobo for.

From what I read the SDK currently does not allow for third parties to create these kinds of addons.

Did the changelog mention any change regarding traffic? No. So what's the point of this topic again? There are tons about it, there are votes on the official forum for Ai traffic issues, and they mentioned it in the latest Q&A as well.

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

4 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

So what's the point of this topic again? 

To work you up a little.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I noticed an increase in A.I. right away in the flights I have taken since the update, so I think an improvement has definitely been made. I currently use settings of 15 for both airliners and GA for comparison. 😄

Ken

15 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

I noticed an increase in A.I. right away in the flights I have taken since the update, so I think an improvement has definitely been made. I currently use settings of 15 for both airliners and GA for comparison. 😄

Pretty sure this thread is about live traffic, not AI traffic...

well I sure as heck wish someone would tell Heathrow about this..  I flew out of there this am using live traffic and had a queue of 4 jets in front of me all waiting to take off on 27L with 3 or 4 coming in on 27R while I waited.  🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

5 minutes ago, PlumCrazy said:

Pretty sure this thread is about live traffic, not AI traffic...

Sorry, thought it was about traffic in general... my bad. 😊

Ken

7 hours ago, sanh said:

Its hit and miss. Some places there are loads of planes. Other places it seems dead. This was raised on the q&a earlier this week but the question was not why there is so little AI traffic. It was "any improvements planned for AI" which led to a response about liveries and more aircraft models being planned so we are none the wiser on whether this as designed (perhaps for performance reasons) or some kind of bug.

It's possible that the lack of liveries and models is the reason for the lack of traffic.  If their data calls for a southwest 737, and there isn't a southwest 737 it most likely does nothing.  that's what I inferred from their handling of that question in the Q and A.  the data isn't interpolating to the few models they have already.