Sign in to follow this  
pstrub

Re-fly Japan Tour?

I flew the Japan Tour that came with the Japan World Update about a month ago, and thought it'd be nice to fly it again one day. Now with the Halloween landing challenge in place, it disappeared and seems to be gone for good. I've even checked the sim data folders to see whether it's still around somewhere as a flight plan, but to no avail.

Of course I can recreate a similar flight myself, but the tour was laid out nicely, including many landmarks, so it would've been easier to just use the existing flight plan. 

Has anyone found the Japan Tour files somewhere in the MSFS folders?

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

This is a good question.  I hadn't flown it yet but was hoping to in the future.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

In the game's files it was replaced with the Halloween challenge, but you can download the flight plan in here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/japan-tour-flight-plan-for-those-who-missed-it/309849

Ahhhh that's cool! I was hoping someone saved the file, and good they made sure there are no issues with intellectual property rights. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Can the Halloween event also be saved as well?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Can the Halloween event also be saved as well?

I suppose it's the one you find in the folder asobo-liveevents. Haven't checked though, and I'm not sure if you can save the special runway lighting by just backing up this folder. 

Edit: As it's a landing challenge, it might turn up in that category later on...

Edited by pstrub

26 minutes ago, pstrub said:

I suppose it's the one you find in the folder asobo-liveevents. Haven't checked though, and I'm not sure if you can save the special runway lighting by just backing up this folder. 

Edit: As it's a landing challenge, it might turn up in that category later on...

Just tried to load the LiveEvent.pln straight from it's folder using the flight planner and it crashed to Desktop.  So for that one, it takes more than just the flight plan.  

• Upvote 1