Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Content error detected when exit P3D

Now after the 5.1 release I get an error message about error content detected when I exit P3D. I get a txt file generated with this content

[error.0]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - 20

Does anyone recognize this ?

Nothing to be worried about, to disable it go to Options > Application > Enable Content Error Reporting. 

Edited by hschuit

Yeah, if you leave it on you'll just get a headache from the number of errors.

I swear nearly no developer checks to see what errors their software puts out.

I use if for when I've installed a new plane as quite often there are easily fixed issues like "error=Found Duplicate Key Name" in arcraft.cfg and the likes. The sort of errors that are easily fixed with a text editor.

Cheers R

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 11/1/2020 at 1:21 AM, Rogen said:

Yeah, if you leave it on you'll just get a headache from the number of errors.

I swear nearly no developer checks to see what errors their software puts out.

I use if for when I've installed a new plane as quite often there are easily fixed issues like "error=Found Duplicate Key Name" in arcraft.cfg and the likes. The sort of errors that are easily fixed with a text editor.

Cheers R

In addition to that I now also get a message about layering sequence error detected in scenery library and than prompt to let P3D fix which never seem to succeed. Is that also easy to disable and nothing to be concerned about

Actually that one does sound like an error that needs resolution, especially given there is a prompt to fix.

I have seen it before, but only in a pretty messed up set of configs and yes I'd expect the prompt to resolve.

Are you running P3D as admin?

It could be trying to fix but lacks the Windows permissions to do so.

I've also found the P3D addons dialog to be quite on the buggy side and prone to messing things up.

So much so that I never even so much as look at it anymore.

Now I use the Lorby-SI P3D addon organiser exclusivley, takes a little getting used to and you'd definitly want to read the manual and keep it on hand as a reference.

I've come to realise it is the only reliable tool to use.

Cheers R

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

11 hours ago, Rogen said:

Actually that one does sound like an error that needs resolution, especially given there is a prompt to fix.

I have seen it before, but only in a pretty messed up set of configs and yes I'd expect the prompt to resolve.

Are you running P3D as admin?

It could be trying to fix but lacks the Windows permissions to do so.

I've also found the P3D addons dialog to be quite on the buggy side and prone to messing things up.

So much so that I never even so much as look at it anymore.

Now I use the Lorby-SI P3D addon organiser exclusivley, takes a little getting used to and you'd definitly want to read the manual and keep it on hand as a reference.

I've come to realise it is the only reliable tool to use.

Cheers R

To be exact the message said something about non sequential layer detected. But my scenery library looks fully normal to me and I don't see something wrong during my flights.

On 10/31/2020 at 3:32 PM, jfri said:

error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - 20

This particular type of "error" in fact reflects an error in SimConnect which L-M seem to regard as a "feature" and won't fix. 

FSUIPC asks SimConnect for data, to populate the offsets accessed by its client applications.  This includes, for example, information on 4 engines, and about 12 fuel tanks.  No errors are reported with any of these for, say, a single engined prop plane. But payload stations are for some inexplicable reason treated differently. FSUIPC asks for payload details for every possible payload station. P3D considers it an error if a payload station which doesn't exist is requested.

FSUIPC issues all of these SimConnect requests during initial setting up, at the start of the session. This can take several seconds. Once requested, SimConnect only acts upon those data requests when the data changes (sufficiently, based on a supplied change amount). This is the most efficient way of doing things. It simply isn't worth cancelling all those requests and re-issuing a different set each time the user changes an aircraft.

SimConnect provides valid answers nonetheless. All versions of FSX, FSX-SE and P3D have worked fine. It's only since P3D4.? that SimConnect started logging the start-up request for all of the possible payload stations as errors if any of them don't exist for the current aircraft. It doesn't do this for any of the non-existent engines, fuel tanks, or any of the many other changeable items.

I will request that L-M fix this anomaly once again, though I don't hold out hope that they'll change it.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen