Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Just a couple of new screenies

I installed some new stuff today:

YNditVO.jpg

PvAbNYQ.jpg

aKXgMi7.jpg

Due to the time which Gary and Christopher spent on helping me to resolve my missing Doncaster Extreme buildings problem, not to mention their patience, I decided to increase my support for UK2000 and add to my collection by purchasing Belfast Extreme.

Other developers also support the "dead" sims by putting out products even now, hence the DC Designs Concorde :cool:. I shall peruse the forum posts of the "Concorde Cognoscenti" for tips (in addition to giving the manual a once-over!) 🍻

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

New stuff is always exciting to install, Mark, and this is all good stuff too...!

Coincidentally, I was on the JF website yesterday, and had caught sight of this Concorde...

I used to regularly fly the FSLabs Concorde...but, this was another of my favorites, that fell on the side, during my break from SIM and move to FSX/SE...

I looked some more, just now, into this one, looks good, including nice INS units....it will be surely, on my wish-list....

Keep posted when you get it to fly past the sound barrier..🙂...(that was the high point as I recall from my past simming with it...)

11 hours ago, P_7878 said:

including nice INS units...

Nice looking INS units - just for show although they do display the lat long coordinates.

I've got her past the sound barrier easily enough. Creeping her up to Mach 2 is a little tricky without straying into afterburner, sorry, reheat... on the autothrottle. I wish that DC had just designed the throttle to operate in dry power only and have the "piano keys" to select reheat on pilot demand. The autothrottle will select reheat to try and accelerate as it's modelled into the normal throttle operation. When flying manually, I have to be careful not to nudge my throttle past a certain position.

One has to baby the autopilot and autothrottle: Increase the Mach gradually (0.1, 0.2 at a time) so that the autothrottle doesn't have to apply full power. The altitude hold is not as responsive as other A/Ps, it will not reduce a few thousand fpm ascent down to the selected altitude without porpoising past it into a descent and then back again - you need to be "in the ballpark" I think.. More flights needed on my part.:cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks for the notes, Mark.

I see.....Those 3 INS CDUs on the Pedestal only display the LAT/LONG Co-Ordinates, but, do not allow for manual LAT/LONG input then...? Are there any Pop-up INS CDUs/MSUs for such data entry...?

Otherwise, the avionics gauges and panels etc. look pretty good...did notice the Cabin display (Mach 2.01, Altitude 56095)...🙂...!!

The FSLab's Concorde was a fantastic SIM....having modelled most of the elements in great depth including reheat and tiny indications lights and such...etc...as I recall...Oh boy..it has been a more than a decade already since my last (SIM) flight with it...I used to break the norm by setting up vast distance flights other than the classic route (JFK-LHR)...🙂...

Anyway, like you say, Mark, these folks have finally given us a Concorde SIM, so, we should be thankful, it's worth considering...thanks for letting me know..!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Are there any Pop-up INS CDUs/MSUs for such data entry...?

Sadly not. The INS give you LAT/LONG and a couple of the buttons act as backup autopilot operation.

The default GPS can be displayed as a pop-up and it is also present in the centre panel, a blank panel forward of the throttles.Switched on by the rotary switches next to that panel. To that end the default flight planner is used. One can of course get a flightplan online and then load that into the default planner, much the same as I do anyway.

I've yet to complete a (supersonic) flight - I've just been blasting off into the wild blue.. and then battling with a "hand of God" invisible weather phenomenon so I've yet to get anywhere close to a descent into a destination. Thankfully my MD-11 flights haven't yet suffered this issue! I'll keep on experimenting. Going to try NO weather injection, just default FSX fair weather scheme next.:ph34r::cool:

Edited by HighBypass
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

OK...Mark, thanks for the answer.....that's a bit of a bummer...

Still, if it accepts the simulator's default Flightplan, I think, it should be possible to equip it with (Freeware) CIVA INS Pop-up panels for INS Navigation...

If I decide to get it, I'll see if I can add triple units of it...should be possible..(have not done that in a long while....though..)...

You enjoy the plane...blasting off into the wild blue...🙂...!!

• Like 1

You may well be in luck, sir!

From the manual:

Note: For owners of the Simu-Fly CIVA INS gauge, this cockpit gauge entry can be used to replace the GPS
system for greater accuracy and fidelity, by altering the panel.cfg file to display the CIVA INS gauge instead.

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Thanks, Mark, for the heads-up....! Exactly what I was looking for....!!

I'll try to get the SIM during the (upcoming) Thanksgiving break..and will make notes for the CIVA-INS integration....(will let you know...if I get it to working...)...

• Like 1

I assume you've been taking note of my findings regarding the quirks of the product over in the FSX forum? I'll keep you updated regarding my ticket with Just Flight. Speaking of updates, I registered on JF's forum and DC of DC Designs mentioned that he is planning an update as he's got a list of things to do (hopefully I've added to that list in a meaningful way!). I don't know when the update will happen though.... :unsure:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

On 11/9/2020 at 5:22 AM, HighBypass said:

I assume you've been taking note of my findings regarding the quirks of the product over in the FSX forum? I'll keep you updated regarding my ticket with Just Flight. Speaking of updates, I registered on JF's forum and DC of DC Designs mentioned that he is planning an update as he's got a list of things to do (hopefully I've added to that list in a meaningful way!). I don't know when the update will happen though.... :unsure:

Mark:

Yes, I'd seen at least one of your (related) posts over there in the FSX forum (I think you were busy there,...🙂...before posting these couple of intro shots, here...)....As it happens, I don't wander much these days, just here and then visits to the new MSFS Forum...🙂...

But, I will surely look and keep track of any existing faults with this SIM, and, thanks for pointing those out to DC Designs in the JF Forum, but, these should not stop me from acquiring this Concorde and hopefully integrate the SimuFly CIVA INS gauges to it...(should be a different kind of fun and challenge...)...

Fingers crossed the update is soon. The GS indicator will be working in the correct fashion, among other things. :cool:

Mark Robinson