Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

How do I refuel please?

Hello, several times over the past few months I have asked ground crew at major airports to refuel me, after a long wait a fuel tanker turns up and parks 50 odd mtrs away and just sits there. A fuel chart pops up, I select 100% and turn it off and tell the ground crew I have finished with the tanker, yet in my profile it states 0% for refueling. Without a manual it is hard to know what I am doing wrong, any ideas please?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

There’s a key bind in the controls called Repair and Refuel.
Bind it to whatever you like, keyboard or joystick. Instant refuel, no need to be at a terminal with fuel trucks.
Also, while flying "Repair and refuel" works.

- Go from main menu to options > controls

- Default filter is on "Assigned", so change to "All"

- Search for "Repair"

Cheers,

• Like 3

Well they made an excellent job of hiding that away in an illogical fashion, but thank you very much for the tip.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

1 hour ago, knmanyffw said:

Bind it to whatever you like, keyboard or joystick. Instant refuel, no need to be at a terminal with fuel trucks.

- Search for "Repair"

Cheers,

I have previously changed a lot in "controls" so was happy to give this a go. I selected my Trustmaster Hotas and followed your exact steps and search comes up with nothing at all when I tried to add it to a spare button. I then clicked on "mouse" and "Repair and refuel" popped up. I went back to my Trustmaster and "Repair and refuel" disappeared. I repeated the exact steps and the third time the selection stayed there and allowed me to add the choice. MSFS works in mysterious ways!

Make sure when you go to your Hotas that you select to show all assignable elements, not just the configured ones.

James

Or if you want to be super realistic, just taxi up to a fuel station at an airfield and park near the pumps and the fuel window opens automatically.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Or if you want to be super realistic, just taxi up to a fuel station at an airfield and park near the pumps and the fuel window opens automatically.

That's what I do. Just make sure to keep the main battery and avionics on or it can mess up a flightplan sometimes.

Edited by Phantoms

James

On 10/31/2020 at 9:28 AM, knmanyffw said:

- Search for "Repair"

Cheers,

Tried mapping this to button on yoke. Click it and nothing happens?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

12 hours ago, Phantoms said:

That's what I do. Just make sure to keep the main battery and avionics on or it can mess up a flightplan sometimes.

That may be it.  You may have to shut right down.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 11/1/2020 at 12:12 PM, andyjohnston.net said:

You can also just click Fuel on the toolbar.

Not hidden away enough that one. It sticks out like no tomorrow. OP wants a hidden option so he can post about it.

3 hours ago, Armchair Pilot said:

Not hidden away enough that one. It sticks out like no tomorrow. OP wants a hidden option so he can post about it.

Perhaps you have problems reading English, but as this software is a "flight simulator" my post was asking about simulating refueling by requesting ground crew send a fuel tanker which I understand is a fairly common practice at most real airports.

You assert that my post had no integrity, can I ask what your post was supposed to add to the community? 

5 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

Perhaps you have problems reading English, but as this software is a "flight simulator" my post was asking about simulating refueling by requesting ground crew send a fuel tanker which I understand is a fairly common practice at most real airports.

You assert that my post had no integrity, can I ask what your post was supposed to add to the community? 

calm down sunshine, go park the bird over near the fuel pumps and have a walk to get some air, you seem heated.