Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

How to avoid RWY 18C and 36R at EHAM?

Runways 18R and 36R aren't in use as departing runways. There aren't even taxiways to these runways. Nevertheless VOXATC does direct me to these runways. How can I prevent this?

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Are you using just the stock default EHAM or a commercial addon?  Also, which simulator and version?

P3Dv5 stock has taxiways and start points for both of these runways, so VoxATC is simply using this default info.  I'd be happy to make a version that removes these if I can with the info above.

Best,

sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Gridley, thank you very much for replying.

I use Windows 10 and P3D v4.5.

I also use some commercial add-ons. The most important of them is FlyTampa Amsterdam version 1.1. As you may know this scenery comes with a configurator. Depending on the wind direction, in this configurator you can select one out of five AFCADS:

North, winds between 290 and 069 degrees:
Departing: 36L
Arriving: 36R or 36C

South, winds between 120 and 229 degrees:
Departing:18L, 24 or 22
Arriving: 18R or 18C

East: winds between 070 and 119 degrees:
Departing: 09 or 36C
Arriving: 06 or 36R

West, winds between 230 and 289 degrees
Departing 24 or 18L
Arriving: 18R, 27 or 22

As you can see, 18R and 36R are never used as departing runways, like in real world. However, it is possible to select the fifth AFCAD: all runways open. I never use this option.

There are other AFCADS active and maybe VoxATC uses one of these AFCADS. Littlenavmap lists all AFCADS in use:
D:\Prepar3D\Scenery\World\scenery\AFX_EHAM_flytampa_dummy.bgl
D:\Prepar3D\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX49130.bgl (altered by FSAD, the original file has been renamed into APX49130.bgl.FSAD)
D:\Prepar3D\FlyTampa\Amsterdam\scenery\ADEX_FLYTAMPA_EHAM_2016_SOUTH.bgl
C:\Users\Hans\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC\scenery\ EHAM.bgl
C:\Users\Hans\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC SIDS\scenery\ EHAM_SIDS.bgl
C:\Users\Hans\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC SIDS\scenery\ EHAM_STARS.bgl

In the scenery library the FlyTampa scenery is on top of all other scenery. So VoxATC should use the info from the active FlyTampa AFCAD file. When I select the SOUTH AFCAD, runway 18R is not in use and should not be selected by VoxATC.

Of course I can deactivate all other bgl-files outside FlyTampa and see what happens, but that should not be neccessary. 

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

After running the FlyTampa configurator and running the sim once so it updates it's scenery database, did you rerun the VoxATC indexer? 

You're absolutely correct that you should not need to manually deactivate any of those BGLs, and VoxATC should be using the proper FlyTampa bgl but will need to re-index it after every time you run the configurator.

Edited by Gridley

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Gridley, no I didn't. I will use the indexer every time I select another AFCAD for EHAM in future. Thanks for this tip.

• Upvote 1

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg