Sign in to follow this  
kaha

Difficult to follow up

LM brings V5.0 with HF1 and HF2. HIFI releases a beta of ASP3D, but before it is ready LM releases V5.1. FSLABS keeps up with the bus, but what if LM drops 5.1 HF1?

How will PMDG keep up? Aerosoft is silent.

That's really tiring. One possible solution is to stay with what you have at some point. I jumped onto V5.0 too early.

Chapeau! to all who stayed with v4.5 HF2, I'm tempted to shout. But then, FSLabs brings a new bus with so many fixes that needs V5, same with Aerosoft.

New GPUs are either not available, too expensive ore broken by design. My plan was to run on a 3090 since some time already.

And MSFS is not an option.

It's not easy to be a flightsimmer at the time being.

I will now do an update freeze staying with V5.0 HF2 on my 2080TI, fly the planes I have and work with that version and wait and see what will come along.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

And a lots of simmers thought.....more competition is good...well...only if we keep investigating in products.

I will.....in P3D V5.1 products for so long as MSFS is not on par with P3D V5. And that will probably be a long time. 

I like what I am seeing in P3D V5.1. but LM has to be careful. More of these incomplete, unready and full of ssue  rollouts and lots of customers we keep their hands off and revenue stocks. Addon devs will keep on hold and watch what will happen. 

It is like some wood stuck in a wheel and is not broken yet.....

I am seeing what LM has done, lots behind the visible line....probably more than we see on our screen. But now it is also time the let the baby shine....

Performance is truly better within V5.1, the lighting also. Now they MUST ENHANCE true sky. More cloud variations, fix weather injection, better haze, better colorizing dawn and dusk, fix Exposure, fix PBR issues, fix ambient light at high flight levels. Maybe enhance the water surface waves fitting to flightlevels.If that could be done within a few weeks....we can enjoy the sim and give them 6 months for the next iteration.

For me it is P3D V5.1. 

But that is really depending on your own experiences. 

Marcus

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

12 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Lockheed needs to start doing public beta builds. 

I don't know.

Lots of issues they could have found with help of their current beta team and lots issues where found......but I think management pressure was too high and the devs had to release.....regardless the state of the product.

Honestly that is something that has a nasty taste....because something IS going on over there which was started round beginning of the announcement of MSFS. 

They should have more faith in their own product as it has a lot of strengths compared to MSFS. But that was not clear at 2019|2020 but should be more clear now 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

22 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Lockheed needs to start doing public beta builds. 

That is what they have done with v5 hf1/2 and v5.1

2 hours ago, kaha said:

It's not easy to be a flightsimmer at the time being.

It's really easy.....just install 4.5 and enjoy the flight(s).............

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.