Sign in to follow this  
SKeller

Voice recognition language

Hi Bryan,

According to the Voice Control Manual, the Pilot language in Pushback Express needs to match the speech recognition language selected in Windows. I have Windows 10 and set the speech recognition language to English UK. So I selected UK for the pilot language, but Pushback Express does not work and throws the language mismatch error. Could it be that the program is actually looking for the Windows display language rather than the speech recognition language? Because even with Windows speech recognition set to English UK, I can use German voice commands in Pushback express when I set the pilot language to German. However, I really want to speak English in the Sim. At the same time, I don't want my entire OS to be English. It worked like a charm in all FS2Crew products for FSX/P3D including UGCX.

Here's my WIN 10 setup:

speech_recognition.jpg

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Stefan

Edited by SKeller

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

I`m having the same problem. Windows Speech recognition is set to English US, as well as the Pilot voice, but I`m still getting the error message.

f9be57d33a188e9cf181a91a4bc11f3f-full.jp

ce128eca4d57f1a80ea2c0a6c40df5b7-full.jp

Edited by byork

46 minutes ago, mbfratin said:

Windows is also set to English.

Hmmm, strange.  Are you American or British?  Was your computer always set to English from the start?

We tested this with American, British, French, Spanish and German testers... they had no issues.... so I'm trying to figure out why you would.

Is your Windows 10 full up-to-date with the latest updates?

Good evening,
I have the same problem, if i enable speech recognition i get error.
When in doubt I try to reinstall the clean OS with native US language (instead italian) but nothing changeed....I always get error.
I tried also to configure a UK language (in this system) as well but it didn't solve.

5 hours ago, byork said:

Hmmm, strange.  Are you American or British?  Was your computer always set to English from the start?

We tested this with American, British, French, Spanish and German testers... they had no issues.... so I'm trying to figure out why you would.

Is your Windows 10 full up-to-date with the latest updates?

Hey again,

I'm in Denmark, but my windows has always been set to English (US) from the start. Never changed (or tried to) until today.

That warning message you're getting can also be triggered if you have a fault in your speech recognition engine.

Ensure you don't have any of these programs running on your system; we know from experience with FS2Crew they can cause problems with 3rd party speech recognition.

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Uninstall it.

Edited by byork

9 minutes ago, SKeller said:

I'm afraid this does not exist in Windows 10. My screenshot shows the equivalent.

Oh dear! Found it now. I wasn't aware that the well hidden old Windows Control Panel actually overrides the settings you set in Windows 10 Settings. Now it shows English UK in the location of your screenshot. Will try if it works later today.
Thanks a lot!

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

6 hours ago, byork said:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Uninstall it.

Thank you Byork,
this worked for me, without Asus Sonic Studio running all now work perfectly.

It would be added as a note in the manual or FAQ, because I don't think I will be the only one that will happen to.

Thanks for the support.

Glad you figured it out.

I'll send Asus yet another email informing that that their software causes an issue with 3rd party speech recognition integration.

I'll put this in the FAQs.

Edit: If you google it, you'll see other companies have the same issue these Asus programs.  Asus knows but they just don't do anything.  You don't need these Asus program... just don't install them.

Also, look at Page 6... ensure Voice Clarity is not "off"... maybe that's it...

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Audio_Card/Xonar_U5/de157_sonic_studio_ug_web_only.pdf

Edited by byork