Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

Build your own replica flight controls - a kit approach

I've started a project to make it simple for people to make their own replica flight controls. It uses 3D printing and I'm hoping to engage the freeware community so that people will share hardware designs as well as software. Hopefully this first video will explain it a little better.

Edited by Spit40
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Video 2 of 4 now out

• Like 2

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

On 11/7/2020 at 12:00 AM, Doering said:

Very beautiful work! Great video too!

Many thanks. I’m almost there. Working hard to get a nice feel for the pitch axis - spending a fortune on springs at the moment to get just the right one. 🙂

• Like 2

atk-logo-354.jpg

On 11/8/2020 at 8:33 AM, Spit40 said:

- spending a fortune on springs at the moment to get just the right one. 🙂

I feel your pain!

Chris

• Like 2

Video 3 now available - nearly there folks!

atk-logo-354.jpg

I'm not in the market for one of these, but all the same, I enjoy watching these assembly vids over a relaxing cuppa! :cool: Thanks.

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 11/21/2020 at 1:55 PM, HighBypass said:

I'm not in the market for one of these, but all the same, I enjoy watching these assembly vids over a relaxing cuppa! :cool: Thanks.

When I look at the stats on YouTube I see average watch time around 3 minutes, so thanks for bringing up the average. I'll try and do another one this w/e for you 😉

• Like 1

atk-logo-354.jpg

We're getting close now folks. There are 6 beta testers test building this now in the UK, USA and Australia. They've been focussed on testing the printing and assembly but this weekend I hope that one or two will finish that assembly and I'll get some in-use feedback. If that goes well I will publish the designs and complete my assembly video series over the weekend of Dec 4-6.

atk-logo-354.jpg

I haven't finished video #4 but you may enjoy this

• Like 1

atk-logo-354.jpg

• Like 2

atk-logo-354.jpg

Part V finally

atk-logo-354.jpg

Version 2 now available 

Edited by Spit40

atk-logo-354.jpg

OK, well the stick is finished. Now I'm working on this. It will come with a throttle quadrant as a single unit.

trimsoon.jpg

atk-logo-354.jpg

Assembly video now available

atk-logo-354.jpg