Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Alaskan / Canadian elevation corrections?

Hi there, started off Yellowknife yesterday and the wonderful lake landscape is just a plain joke in MSFS. Each and ever waterbody is several feet above ground level, looks just plain ridiculous. Are there any elevation corrections available already somewhere? Thanks for a heads up...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The pattern seems to be; the more you go to north, the worse the mesh gets.

18 minutes ago, kiki said:

The pattern seems to be; the more you go to north, the worse the mesh gets.

Something something polar orbiting satellite imagery scarcity. 

Yellowknife is nowhere near the pole, just over of 62 degrees N.  Watson Lake at 60 degrees N. has the same problem.  As a bush pilot simmer who used to live in Yellowknife and loved flying the Mackenzie Valley in P3D,  I find this a real disappointment.  You think it would be an easy fix.

I’m hoping the PNW and SAK will see huge improvements in the US Update later this month.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I check Yellowknife after every update to see if they fixed it.  I'm pretty sure it will be fixed one day I won't fly there until it is it looks terrible.

• Upvote 1

I sent a Zendesk bug report for this problem two months ago as I was also bummed to find the elevated waterways in the north. One month ago the status of my Zendesk report was changed to "Solved". Yet we still don't have a fix. Unfortunately all of the posts about this issue at the Microsoft forums aren't receiving a whole lot of votes so it doesn't seem to be a priority just yet.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

This is a problem in many places. I imagine it will eventually and gradually be fixed.

spikes.jpg

Mesh is a general issue and often renders the otherwise phenomenal looking landscape ridiculously bad, I really wonder why they do not put more focus on this. But of course, the trailers never show regions with bad mesh...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

It sucks because the North has some of the most beautiful and challenging places to fly! But it is a mess.