Sign in to follow this  
767lover

1.10.8.0 much better water again, oversharpened ground

Very pleased to see they have fixed the ugly water textures that were introduced with the Japan Update. It looks great again now! 

What I do notice is that ground terrain looks oversharpened. This might have something to do with the new TAA, but it looks a bit unnatural. I hope this is not a measure to make blurry textures look sharper. 

Finally, I hope they can make the new night lighting more subtle, those white orbs lining the roads are too overbearing and draw to far into the distance without proper scaling or atmospheric distortion. The previous nightlighting was great, but perhaps a bit foo faint, so somewhere in between would be a good balance.

• Like 1

There are a few positives with this last update for sure.  If they can get the wing rock after 35,000ft and night lighting sorted out we are well on our way.  The FDE in the sim seems more refined although aggressively capturing the AOA after takeoff when you turn on the AP or increasing climb needs to be adjusted.  Performance is amazing, the the graphics are sharper than anything I've yet seen in a simulator.  More credit would have been given to the positives if they hadn't hosed up the night lighting so bad.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This mod make it much better... 

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

This mod make it much better... 

This ^  I turn off film grain too.  I think it improves the granularity found in the clouds as well.  I'm running a 43" UHD monitor at 1080p, so the pixelation is very noticeable to me after the patch.  This smooths it out a bit. 

One thing, however.  If you make changes to your graphics settings, MSFS will enable sharpening and film grain again.  So if you want the changes to be persistent, then make the file read only.  You can still change settings in flight, but they will not stick until you make the file editable again.

Edited by wthomas33065

9 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

This ^  I turn off film grain too.  I think it improves the granularity found in the clouds as well.  I'm running a 43" UHD monitor at 1080p, so the pixelation is very noticeable to me after the patch.  This smooths it out a bit. 

One thing, however.  If you make changes to your graphics settings, MSFS will enable sharpening and film grain again.  So if you want the changes to be persistent, then make the file read only.  You can still change settings in flight, but they will not stick until you make the file editable again.

Did you change in both graphics section of the file? I saw that it is one called [GraphicsVR] at the bottom of the file and one called [Graphics] further up, do you know what each section does?

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

15 hours ago, 767lover said:

What I do notice is that ground terrain looks oversharpened. 

Post a picture, otherwise this is a pointless thread. 

How hard can this be? Hit the Windows then the print screen button on your keboard. Upload the pic to Imgur, post the link here. Takes two minutes. 

57 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Did you change in both graphics section of the file? I saw that it is one called [GraphicsVR] at the bottom of the file and one called [Graphics] further up, do you know what each section does?

Yes, but I imagine that GraphicsVR is for when you are running the game with a VR headset on.  The user options for VR are going to be different because essentially VR is two monitors running a slightly different picture.  So it's going to need it's own section.

• Like 1

are these the grainy clouds some mentioned, that is also new to me with 1.10.8

Screenshot-60-LI.jpg

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"