Sign in to follow this  
rogerb38

Flight Simulator 2020 will not install

SFS 2020 will not install on my HP Envy purchased with all required capabilities,just to run MSFS .  Shows installation of 13GB, but nothing happens.  When "starting" MSFS shows in Task Manager for about 15 seconds then goes quiet.  MS XBox and Windows support have devoted hours to me, without success.  I'm now trying to install in C drive (200GB), but no memory usage is indicated after "installation" completes.  Should I just wait for MS to respond to the many reports, and  fix the &(%*) program?

that is most likely your problem... ive read alot of post people with slow internet not installing

if your on wirless I think people are throttling their internet speed as fix,,,

search the official forums you might find a fix,.

13 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

that is most likely your problem... ive read alot of post people with slow internet not installing

if your on wirless I think people are throttling their internet speed as fix,,,

search the official forums you might find a fix,.

71Mbps is far from slow. There’s another reason.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Maybe not where u live,, 200 is the lowest offered in my area.

2 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

Maybe not where u live,, 200 is the lowest offered in my area.

My download speed is 47Mbps. I’d love to have 70+. Not everyone lives in California or countries with ultra-fast connections. The OP’s connection speed is not his problem.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My download speed is 47Mbps. I’d love to have 70+. Not everyone lives in California or countries with ultra-fast connections. The OP’s connection speed is not his problem.

I am just going based on posts ive seen on the forum and the offical forum sub 100 internet speed seems to be the culprit and common issue in alot of the threads and people limiting their speed  while downloading has worked as a fix..

The downside to having 200 min internets speed is the cost.. 75 USD just for internet... u want basic cable TV add another 45 and so on and so on,,, such a rip off.

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I seriously doubt its MSFS though.

11 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

I am just going based on posts ive seen on the forum and the offical forum sub 100 internet speed seems to be the culprit and common issue in alot of the threads and people limiting their speed  while downloading has worked as a fix..

The downside to having 200 min internets speed is the cost.. 75 USD just for internet... u want basic cable TV add another 45 and so on and so on,,, such a rip off.

I have 900mbs up 900 mbs down, TV and home phone for 206.99 per month. hardly a ripoff from Verizon fios.

28 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I seriously doubt its MSFS though.

I don't have MFS so can't give you precise help. I suggest you wait for advice from someone who has it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Never mind

Edited by jbdbow1970

@jbdbow1970, sorry, mixed you up with the OP.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, rogerb38 said:

Shows installation of 13GB, but nothing happens.  When "starting" MSFS shows in Task Manager for about 15 seconds then goes quiet.

First make sure you are logged in as an administrator. Then try running the Windows 10 Windows Store Troubleshooter. After that try uninstalling the app the from the store then reinstall installing to a new directory (which forces a new registry key).

Some other tips from the official forums:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Download-Installation-issues-Windows-Store-troubleshooting

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016844080-Download-stuck-on-packages-Install-loop

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I have 900mbs up 900 mbs down, TV and home phone for 206.99 per month. hardly a ripoff from Verizon fios.

Oh, go away.😬

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.