Sign in to follow this  
aatd

Question: How to toggle to desktop

Can someone tell me the command to toggle to view the desktop while in the sim?

Thank you,

Brian

Copy your most used programs exe shortcuts (desktop icons) to the task bar then just use the windows key when in sim to bring the bar up. There may be a better way but this works well for me.

Well I just use the Windows key which brings up the Taskbar, and choose what I want? I am guessing you want to use your browser, or other programs while flying? If you have other windows open, you can Alt Tab to switch between them. Is that what you mean? And you can click the Yellow Folder when in taskbar view to see the desktop.

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

15 minutes ago, brianVancouver said:

Can someone tell me the command to toggle to view the desktop while in the sim?

If you want to view another desktop, (CTRL)(WINDOWS)(RIGHT ARROW) all at the same time.  You will see a slide to the right to another desktop if you have one already created.  If that doesn't work then you don't have another one so you'll have to create it.

(CTRL)(WINDOWS)(D) will create a new desktop for you and put you in it.  To get back to the sim (CTRL)(WINDOWS)(LEFT ARROW).

(CTRL)(WINDOWS)(D) will create as many desktops as you want and you can move back and forth to them with the above arrow method, or as mentioned, you can also just hit the windows key, and mouse click to the window you want.

If you have a Logitech mouse you can use the Options software to set one of the buttons to show the desktop, too. I find that easier than the keyboard shortcuts. 

Also if you have multiple screens you can right click the task bar on one of the other screens and go "show desktop" .

Of course there is also the options to go into graphics options in game and tell it to put the game in a window instead of fullscreen, Then you can do whatever you want with it even swap the game across to another screen.