Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Instructions for Launching VR - Microsoft Flight Simulator

https://www.flightsimulator.com/instructions-for-launching-vr/

Before you can access VR mode in Microsoft Flight Simulator, you must: 

1. Download and install OpenXR for Windows Mixed Reality from the Microsoft Store.
  • Open the Mixed Reality Portal app
  • On the lower-left corner of the app select See More
  • In the menu that appears select Set Up OpenXR. Doing this will cause the Windows Store to launch from where you can install the runtime. If this menu item does not appear, OpenXR may already be installed on your PC.
  2. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and update the sim to version 1.10.7.0. 

To access VR mode (currently only available once loaded into a flight): 

1. Before launching the sim, first launch the Mixed Reality Portal from the Windows Start Menu.  
  2. With the Mixed Reality Portal running in the background, launch Microsoft Flight Simulator!  
  3. Once in the sim, setup and launch a Free Flight as you normally would. 
  4. Once your flight has loaded and you are in the cockpit, press CTRL+TAB to enter VR mode. 
  5. Put on your headset, look straight ahead, and re-center the camera by pressing SPACEBAR. 
  6. Enjoy and have a safe flight!   
  7. If you run into any issues or are unable to enter VR mode during a flight, please reach out to us here: support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Is it possible to use the Rift S with this sim?

Felix

I have received an invitation for the beta. But it does not work at the moment. I can't get into the forum either. Probably it will be unlocked later.

A reminder, those instructions work only if you have been greenlit by Microsoft for using VR

@cercata This is where I am unsure what MS means. I accepted the terms on Saturday when I got the invitation. According to the email it takes up to 24 hours until you are activated. And what the greenlit means would also interest me. There is a green border around my avatar picture. But I don't know if this was already the case before. Do you have an idea about it? Thank you 🙂

Awesome. It begins. Keeping my fingers crossed for an invitation.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

58 minutes ago, Alemanne82 said:

According to the email it takes up to 24 hours until you are activated.

Yes, but 24h from when ?
After you sent it ?
After 9AM Nov 2nd in Redmond when they start processing it ...

I'm as lost as you, I have no idea, but it seems someone must grant us some permisions before we can access VR

Yes that is the question... So far I had only good experiences with the FS. Only two CTD. But that annoys me, why can't you give concrete information. And why do you use the same page for the terms as for the dxdiag file... That also irritated me, do I have to upload the file again, just set the hack? That works better. 
I am really enthusiastic about the FS, no question.

1 hour ago, Alemanne82 said:

I have to upload the file again, just set the hack? That works better. 

I made both ... and I wrote an email to support saying there was a bug on the site, and instead of the terms page there was still the DxDiag page !!!!🤣😪

Edited by cercata

Exactly 😂😂 we'll see what the next hours bring. As soon as I get to the forum or VR is running I will let you know 🙂 Or when it works for me 😄

Edited by Alemanne82

The circle around my avatar went from blue to green just now. So I guess that's good. I am wondering if having the Steam version of MSFS make a difference?

@Motjoo That is the question. For my avatar, the circle is green, too - I can't say since when.
To be honest, I don't know what the one before that looked like 😛