Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

Snookered by this program .......

Am currently experiencing a wall of frustration trying to complete my first flight in one of the GA planes, after the take-off run it is uncontrollable,,...

before i go into a spiral down to a crash, i get a tantalizing view of the scenery i am being denied ...  ???

• Upvote 1

First thing I would check is the elevation trim and flaps settings. Some planes have wrong default elevation trim settings at simulator startup. I have a Saitek FIP gauge which shows elevation trim on an indicator which has a mark for the proper takeoff position, thus I can see this.

I had the very same experience as you until I detected this.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

36 minutes ago, AKStirling said:

Am currently experiencing a wall of frustration trying to complete my first flight in one of the GA planes, after the take-off run it is uncontrollable,,...

before i go into a spiral down to a crash, i get a tantalizing view of the scenery i am being denied ...  ???

Complete some basic flying lessons, plenty of examples on youtube. Start with the C 152.

If the above don't work...

also ensure the flight model in settings is set to modern..  there have been a few reports of it defaulting to legacy.

Graham

• Like 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Moria15 said:

If the above don't work...

also ensure the flight model in settings is set to modern..  there have been a few reports of it defaulting to legacy.

Graham

YES!!! Happened to me and was driving me BONKERS!   Now the planes .....I dunno.....fly like they should! 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Have a look at the sensitivity settings. The curve is very steep not far from centre in the new update. There's an option to flatten it there which might help.

Mike Beckwith

At the risk of confirming Ricardo41's theory that i'm in need of some basic tuition, may i ask , having looked at how my controller(joystick) and the controls in the sim relate to each other, when i deflect my joystick in elevator and ailerons axes, and centre my stick, should the in game control surfaces centre too????   cos they ain't ....

3 hours ago, Highmike said:

Have a look at the sensitivity settings. The curve is very steep not far from centre in the new update. There's an option to flatten it there which might help.

The sensitivity curves are not easy to understand if you haven't seen their design before. Instead of one long diagonal line with the dead zone at the bottom, the dead zone is now in the middle and the lower diagonal is the controls left/down movement, while the upper diagonal is the right/up movement. The reason why some people are getting wierd behaviour is probably because they have not set the "neutral" value so the dead zone is exactly centre of the controller's central position, with equal amounts of dead zone either side.

It's not obvious that this is the way it is done since the update.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I got my settings pretty well now, but in all honestly, such things have to be documented by Asobo!

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I got my settings pretty well now, but in all honestly, such things have to be documented by Asobo!

Kind regards, Michael

The only $100+ program I bought without a Manual (PDF or otherwise)... it's been a learning curve...

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Might as well fill this space I created with something, and its my decision to bid MSFS a not so fond farewell ..... there's  a limit to the amount of frustration/stress I can carry,

and that has been reached, so its back to the balmy pastures of P3D ...OK setting up all the various add-ons to make the sim user-friendly has to be some kind of tedium,

but compared to bouncing one's head off a brick wall in what amounts to an expensive obstacle course, its a dawdle ..... many thanks to those who pitched in here with suggestions, and Robert, I made a small donation

a couple of weeks ago, as a retrospective thank you for all the pleasure generated by Realair. Have the Turbo Duke and the Lancair awaiting me back at base in P3D ..... ...... Alan

Edited by AKStirling
enough's enough!

Last night i installed p3d and checked the physical joysticks relationship with the in-game controls, and lo and behold, when i centered the physical joystick the in-game controls did likewise .... so in MSFS,the in-game controls not centering must go a long way to explaining the crazy behaviour i'm getting .... any ideas for a fix????

Try re-calibrating the controls in the Win10 using joy.cpl and make sure there are no overlapping control / axis assignments in MSFS (it was the latter in my case that was causing issues...). 

42 minutes ago, AKStirling said:

Last night i installed p3d and checked the physical joysticks relationship with the in-game controls, and lo and behold, when i centered the physical joystick the in-game controls did likewise .... so in MSFS,the in-game controls not centering must go a long way to explaining the crazy behaviour i'm getting .... any ideas for a fix????

Are you really sure, that do you have set the flight model as "modern" and NOT as "legacy"???