Sign in to follow this  
espent

Do you like antennas? How about 40.000 of them?

For all that enjoy VFR flying in Europe this should be good.

https://flightsim.to/file/2605/we-love-vfr-region-1

• Over 40 000 objects placed in region 1.
  • Coverage of the whole Europe and part of Africa.
  • In the first version mobile communication, tv and radio antennas
  • Puffin AI* - correct placement and appearance of objects**
  • 21 mast variants
  • Lower spec PC friendly
  • Much more planned
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Nice mod. I will try it,. Thanks.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I flew with it all yesterday and it really adds to the immersion factor. 

First flight after install, I took off from South Tenerife airport heading south, and immediately flew past four or five different looking antennas on a hill.

They dont look cheap, they look good.  It is really well done. 👍

PS. if you are down Tenerife way (Canary Islands), take a flight up to and around Mount Teide (and old volcano).  I was absolutely amazed by scenery up there in and around the crater, from black/grey lava flows, to the orange and yellows of the Sulphur.  Plus all of the ridge lines are there is superb detail around the large caldera.  I was blown away! 

These islands and Florida are my favourite places on earth, and it is so good to be able to fly around them and view them in so much detail, especially while we cant travel properly at the moment..

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Any news on whether this will come to Canada or the USA ? 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Probably easiest to ask the mod author on flightsim.to. He seems quite responsive in the comments section.

7 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I’m hoping the same, antennas are very important both in terms of visual navigation and things to not fly into.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, JacquesBrel said:

I love antennas so much I can't believe I never wrote a song about them.

Seems your fans do not like antennas ! I enjoy your songs; you could write/sing another one about "dead or alive" 🙂
Back to Fs 2020 : do we crash if we fly against one of those 40000 antennas ?

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I flew with it all yesterday and it really adds to the immersion factor. 

First flight after install, I took off from South Tenerife airport heading south, and immediately flew past four or five different looking antennas on a hill.

They dont look cheap, they look good.  It is really well done. 👍

PS. if you are down Tenerife way (Canary Islands), take a flight up to and around Mount Teide (and old volcano).  I was absolutely amazed by scenery up there in and around the crater, from black/grey lava flows, to the orange and yellows of the Sulphur.  Plus all of the ridge lines are there is superb detail around the large caldera.  I was blown away! 

These islands and Florida are my favourite places on earth, and it is so good to be able to fly around them and view them in so much detail, especially while we cant travel properly at the moment..

Agreed. Hit Tenerife randommy on a leg of my world tour. At 8000feets, it was mind blowing. Absolutely amazing place. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Hows the hit to FPS? Agreed Canada and US next!!!

No hit to FPS.

Lot's of antennas around Edinburgh Scotland.  Not seeing many in Italy.  He said he will be adding other objects.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Hows the hit to FPS? Agreed Canada and US next!!!

I can confirm as Todd2 says, no noticeable hit to FPS, and I wouldn't expect one really, as they are quite simple 3D objects (but look great though). They really add a lot to the sim.

I saw a red beacon on top of one during the evening.  There is some text about having problems with night effects but he is looking to solve that, and cover the whole of the world eventually.

Amazing what people are doing for free.  Absolutely golden these people! 👍

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.