Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Strange "USR/USER" waypoints in the flight plan

And also on the g3000 too please.

Those USR/USER waypoints are just annoying to see and kinda ruins the immersion for me.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

51 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Yea, they can be hidden - we hide them from our DIR TO page on the CJ4 right now. Problem is, since the autopilot is going to fly to them, hiding them from the map might be more confusing than not. They are legitimate parts of the procedure, it just doesn't lookup the right name right now.

Different. But, it appears arbitrary how they named them in the code - they're both waypoints with no ICAO ident, so when ident is blank, it fills in USR or USER. USER is how the code is written for activating an approach or direct to, while the separate code that names the unidentified approach procedure waypoint assigns USR. This stuff is in the flight plan manager and not in a specific FMS.

I agree with this (my emphasis in bold).  If these are actual waypoints on an approach, hiding them will make things very confusing when flying the approach.  Please don't hide them in that case, I'll be pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the aircraft is doing. For the starting point of a direct to...fine.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

22 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

I agree with this (my emphasis in bold).  If these are actual waypoints on an approach, hiding them will make things very confusing when flying the approach.  Please don't hide them in that case, I'll be pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the aircraft is doing. For the starting point of a direct to...fine.

Asobo needs to get rid of them or do something about this issue.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Asobo needs to get rid of them or do something about this issue.

By all means you can go over to the MSFS forum and ask them to do that there.

Let's not bug the Working Title team to make changes that will actually make it harder for people who are trying to navigate.

2 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

By all means you can go over to the MSFS forum and ask them to do that there.

Let's not bug the Working Title team to make changes that will actually make it harder for people who are trying to navigate.

I have already done that. I even made a link in my 1st post so that users who care about this issue can click on it and also upvote.

Edited by captain420

Just now, captain420 said:

I have already done that. I even made a link in my 1st post so that users who care about this issue can click on it and also upvote.

I'm kind of done asking Asobo to fix things at this point.  At this point their "fix" might be to just break the Garmins further and then mark it as solved, like they did with night lighting and controller sensitivity pages in the last update.

Hi:

Sorry to bring up this old post but I'm having these issues with USR/USER fixes being added into my flight plan.  Is there a fix for them?  It really screws up the flight.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home