Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FSimstudios Vancouver released

The DL at their YEG and YLW murdereds my 1080ti even with the AA low so ill have to wait and see what the reviews say. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Got it.  Looks great!. Updated parking spots and scenery. Taking off now from CYVR.  Great FPS. I have no problems with any of their scenery even before upgrading my computer.

Darcy

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The DL at their YEG and YLW murdereds my 1080ti even with the AA low so ill have to wait and see what the reviews say. 

iniBuilds' DL ships with the base product and I've never had a problem with iniBuilds lighting.

Per article:

Night lighting crafted by IniBuilds.

Vancouver finally gets some attention given to the surroundings as well as the airport.

• 178sqKm of seasonal aerial orthophotos, ranging from 0.3 to 0.5m/pix
  • Custom autogen based on real-life photos of the city.
  • Over 50 hand-crafted landmarks around Downtown Vancouver, including the Lionsgate Building, BC Place, Canada Place, Science World, etc.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

when is it supposed to be in the orbx store?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 minutes ago, micstatic said:

when is it supposed to be in the orbx store?

All they said is soon.

The picture of the downtown area is fairly inaccurate. This looks like Vancouver 10 years prior to the Olympics. There are several residential towers missing and the area of Olympic Village hasn’t been warehouses in about 18 years. Pretty disappointing.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

2 minutes ago, Groovy_Kincaid said:

The picture of the downtown area is fairly inaccurate. This looks like Vancouver 10 years prior to the Olympics. There are several residential towers missing and the area of Olympic Village hasn’t been warehouses in about 18 years. Pretty disappointing.

not trying to be a troll, but Who cares!  Are you Landing on the city scape or airport?

mike

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

not trying to be a troll, but Who cares!  Are you Landing on the city scape or airport?

mike

I wouldn’t take this as being a troll. Your opinion is valid and I respect that. However, my opinion is that if one is going release a scenery package, please make every attempt to make it as accurate as possible and as up to date as possible. I realize when something is released, it is out of date. 

My point is that this is not Vancouver of the last 10 years. Most planes will fly over the area that I mentioned in my previous post as a part of the STARS. 

But, as you said, one takes off and lands at the airport, some 10 or so km away from that area. The outlet mall east of RWY 26 R is also missing in the photos that I am looking at. 

• Upvote 3

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

I must agree. CYVR looks great but Vancouver looks very empty compared to the real thing.

Just like people enjoy the city scenery for other addons like Seattle, London, New York etc  ,Vancouver does matter to those who live here. Its part of the experience of flying the STARS especially for the 08's.

That said, I will purchase the scenery as it looks like they did a great job on CYVR. Maybe the city can be worked on in the future.

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

13 minutes ago, Groovy_Kincaid said:

I wouldn’t take this as being a troll. Your opinion is valid and I respect that. However, my opinion is that if one is going release a scenery package, please make every attempt to make it as accurate as possible and as up to date as possible. I realize when something is released, it is out of date. 

My point is that this is not Vancouver of the last 10 years. Most planes will fly over the area that I mentioned in my previous post as a part of the STARS. 

But, as you said, one takes off and lands at the airport, some 10 or so km away from that area. The outlet mall east of RWY 26 R is also missing in the photos that I am looking at. 

I understand your point. But when a developer releases an airport like “Vancouver” ide expect the whole airport to be completely up to date.As that is what you are paying for not surrounding areas.

mike

on the DL.  Do you need to manually move the FX files in the effects folder it creates to the p3d effects folder?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have FSDT Vancouver, is there reason to change?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

18 minutes ago, kaha said:

I have FSDT Vancouver, is there reason to change?

Karl

No in my opinion. I own fsdt Vancouver and is perfectly fine.

mike

Hey all! Gabriel from FSimStudios here - We are listening to what the community says to improve even more our product. The initial release of Vancouver includes over 50+ hand crafted landmarks around the city, however, as we all know Vancouver has lots of high rise buildings downtown and that has not been fully depicted in the scenery. We are already working on the next update, that will add even more detail to the airport and the surrounding areas: The new Apron 6, east of the Transborder terminal will be added and Downtown Vancouver will receive custom autogen to populate the area with high rise buildings. It takes a great amount of resources to model a city like Vancouver in detail, and priority for the initial release was the airport. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3