Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FSimstudios Vancouver released

37 minutes ago, kaha said:

I have FSDT Vancouver, is there reason to change?

Karl

I would say yes.  Has updated airport, runs great and has correct parking gates as FSDT is missing some.  Much better looking IMO

I would agree with Darcy. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

56 minutes ago, micstatic said:

on the DL.  Do you need to manually move the FX files in the effects folder it creates to the p3d effects folder?

No, a good developer would have the installer already link to the CYVR fx files.

If not, you can add the FSS CYYR effects folder as an effects component in your add-on.xml or safer yet, use Lorby-SI's P3D Addon Organiser to do the job for you using the 'add component' button under 'other addons' tab.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Please comment on a quality of the ground textures - the official screenshots don't do a good job here. 

23 minutes ago, F737NG said:

No, a good developer would have the installer already link to the CYVR fx files.

If not, you can add the FSS CYYR effects folder as an effects component in your add-on.xml or safer yet, use Lorby-SI's P3D Addon Organiser to do the job for you using the 'add component' button under 'other addons' tab.

I do use lorbys. Just didn’t do the component part. Thanks for the tip!

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Thanks for the feedback/update Gabriel,

I'm sure the Vancouverites can help with some ideas for prominent buildings in the downtown area.

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

Anybody have any shots of the terminals at night?  Just trying to fine tune my setup

6 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The DL at their YEG and YLW murdereds my 1080ti even with the AA low so ill have to wait and see what the reviews say. 

So, it's a great scenery, but yes- it's a resource consumer 1st thing to do is turn off all static aircraft, because AIG will add AI traffic anyways and the AI models seem to be more FPS friendly, but more over, less of a stress on vram. Using the 737 ngxu from PMDG I compared both FSDT and FSS sceneries. Using gate 27, with the aircraft powered up, FSDT= 18-20 fps FSS= 16-19 FPS

FSDT= 3.7 gig Vram= FSS 3.8-4.5 gigs Vram.  Full disclosure, I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700x 8core cpu, 16 Gb ddr4 corsair RAM, and a Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb vram graphics card. A new graphics card is in the plans.

Lots of inaccuracies at CYVR. I fly in and out of there regularly!  I wish they’d keep their promise and update CYYC so it actually worked properly with v5

16 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

So, it's a great scenery, but yes- it's a resource consumer 1st thing to do is turn off all static aircraft, because AIG will add AI traffic anyways and the AI models seem to be more FPS friendly, but more over, less of a stress on vram. Using the 737 ngxu from PMDG I compared both FSDT and FSS sceneries. Using gate 27, with the aircraft powered up, FSDT= 18-20 fps FSS= 16-19 FPS

FSDT= 3.7 gig Vram= FSS 3.8-4.5 gigs Vram.  Full disclosure, I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700x 8core cpu, 16 Gb ddr4 corsair RAM, and a Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb vram graphics card. A new graphics card is in the plans.

Night performance drops significantly. I don't get this with other sceneries at night.

2 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

Lots of inaccuracies at CYVR. I fly in and out of there regularly!  I wish they’d keep their promise and update CYYC so it actually worked properly with v5

They have already acknowledged an afcad issue to to a different ground poly being added just prior to release after the afcad was done and a new one in coming in a patch very soon. As for Calgary, it's simply not supposed to be used in V5 as a new version is under development.

17 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

So, it's a great scenery, but yes- it's a resource consumer 

It so much more detailed than the old FSDT version, naturally it's going to use more resources.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

26 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

They have already acknowledged an afcad issue to to a different ground poly being added just prior to release after the afcad was done and a new one in coming in a patch very soon. As for Calgary, it's simply not supposed to be used in V5 as a new version is under development.

It so much more detailed than the old FSDT version, naturally it's going to use more resources.

I understand that. I was just offering a comparison. But also, I've got to find a way get it flyable at night. Tweaking as we speak. Still, awesome scenery!

Edited by Boeingnut
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

As mentioned above, we acknowledged there are a few things we missed on the initial release and are currently being worked and fixed for future updates. In fact, Vancouver is receiving the first hotfix, addressing issues with Dynamic Lighting and AFCAD tonight. Regarding CYYC, we said from the beginning that it was not going to be updated to work with v5 since a complete new version is being developed. I can say that Calgary v2 is now quite advanced, however we have other projects prioritized (CYVR MSFS, Halifax P3D).

2 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

Night performance drops significantly. I don't get this with other sceneries at night.

Most night lighting performance issues are related to Antialiasing - do not use SSAA since it conflicts with dynamic lighting, instead use MSAA. The hotfix releasing later today does not addresses issues with performance at night, however this is being reviewed by our team and iniBuilds to improve performance in future updates. 

18 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

Naturally it will consume more VRAM since we are using 4K textures + including the City of Vancouver. It shouldn't be an issue for anyone with a modern graphics card (+6GB VRAM), however, lowering your max texture resolution on the sim to 2048x will decrease VRAM consumption up to 30%, according to our tests, with a very small impact on the quality.

• Like 2

can't wait to buy halifax

• Like 2