Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FSimstudios Vancouver released

2 hours ago, fsimstudios_ said:

As mentioned above, we acknowledged there are a few things we missed on the initial release and are currently being worked and fixed for future updates. In fact, Vancouver is receiving the first hotfix, addressing issues with Dynamic Lighting and AFCAD tonight. Regarding CYYC, we said from the beginning that it was not going to be updated to work with v5 since a complete new version is being developed. I can say that Calgary v2 is now quite advanced, however we have other projects prioritized (CYVR MSFS, Halifax P3D).

Most night lighting performance issues are related to Antialiasing - do not use SSAA since it conflicts with dynamic lighting, instead use MSAA. The hotfix releasing later today does not addresses issues with performance at night, however this is being reviewed by our team and iniBuilds to improve performance in future updates. 

Naturally it will consume more VRAM since we are using 4K textures + including the City of Vancouver. It shouldn't be an issue for anyone with a modern graphics card (+6GB VRAM), however, lowering your max texture resolution on the sim to 2048x will decrease VRAM consumption up to 30%, according to our tests, with a very small impact on the quality.

I'm using MSAA, but will confirm the texture resolution. Thanks

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

can't wait to buy halifax

I second that.

• Like 2

Eric 

@fsimstudios_did the hotfix get released?

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

@fsimstudios_did the hotfix get released?

I got a response to that question on their wall- it will be release at some point  today and they will send registered users an email when it is available. They might ave been slow in releasing the scenery, but their support has been awesome. Some where on this thread, they even stated that inibuilds will address the nigh time performance of the lighting.

Edited by Boeingnut
  • Like 3

I see cyvr is up on orbx now.  Are we able to transfer our purchase over to Orbx like we did for cyeg and cylw?  Does anybody know?

yes I transferred mine this morning.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

5 minutes ago, micstatic said:

yes I transferred mine this morning.  

How did you do that?  Thanks

So ,I've installed the update ans I am still wondering about one thing, not having spent time on an apron at night; is it normal for no light to shine through  the terminal windows? Are the windows polarized so as not to cause reflection from the interior lights?

Edited by Boeingnut

8 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

So ,I've installed the update ans I am still wondering about one thing, not having spent time on an apron at night; is it normal for no light to shine through  the terminal windows? Are the windows polarized so as not to cause reflection from the interior lights?

Windows have PBR effects by default (can be deactivated through the configurator). Your simulator dynamic reflection settings have to be at minimum set at low in order for PBR Transparencies to work correctly. Otherwise, you will see the windows opaque. 

5 minutes ago, fsimstudios_ said:

Windows have PBR effects by default (can be deactivated through the configurator). Your simulator dynamic reflection settings have to be at minimum set at low in order for PBR Transparencies to work correctly. Otherwise, you will see the windows opaque. 

During the day they are fine. It's at night, they are black? And this can be solved by deactivating PBR?

Edited by Boeingnut

1 minute ago, Boeingnut said:

During the day they are fine. It's at night, they are black? And this can be solved by deactivating PBR?

Deactivate PBR Effects on the scenery configurator, or change your dynamic reflection settings on the sim and the issue should be fixed. This is due to how transparency and masks work on P3D.

8 minutes ago, fsimstudios_ said:

My dynamic reflections are off. I may not be explaining my question well

3 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

My dynamic reflections are off. I may not be explaining my question well

Well, set them to low instead and it'll work?