Sign in to follow this  
Martyn Brinton

5 days into my trial - is P2A worth it ........?

First off - a very generous 10 day trial; lots of time to play.

I first thought that almost £50 for an ATC addon was a bit steep, since the full blown MSFS 2020, was 'only' twice that.

Having used this for 5 days now; it is so much more than ATC.

A fantastic full-blown flight planner, with SIDS, STARS, approaches, etc. Full export option to MSFS 2020

Panels to control Autopilot, radio coms (useful when my logitech panels decided to play up)

A great moving map (I no longer use Little Nav Map now when flying with P2A)

It even shows a little path for the ATC instructed taxi-way to the runway! ( I was thinking of the full blown Navigraph, but hanging on now).

So £50 is worth the investment.  I think I've also seen active developer participation on this forum 👍

I only have one issue and that's with the software losing my voice input after flying for a while.  A shutdown of P2A, restart and plan re-load sorts it, so a minor issue (I'm wondering now if this is user error - maybe the frequency I've tuned and spoken to ATC on, has 'expired' and I need to tune another? I'll need to play with this).  When I do lose voice input, I have tried the grammar helper and that also does not detect my voice 🤷‍♂️

Summary:  If you're thinking of buying, go for it!

Hi Martyn.  Glad you're enjoying the program!

Losing voice input is a strange issue.  Certainly if you miss a frequency change that could cause you to be on a frequency that is no longer active.  You can check the Assigned frequency that is displayed in White under the Active Com Frequency window (bottom left of main screen).  If you're on that frequency, then valid phrases should work.

Another possibility is that something is intermittently going wrong with your Mic.  This is supported by the fact that Grammar Helper is not detecting your voice when this happens.

This could be caused by any number of settings in your sound settings.  The one that leaps to mind is the Communications tab of the Sound settings dialog that should have the "Do Nothing" option checked.  If not, then when a program that is perceived as a Communication program, like Skype, starts up, it will capture your Mic and not let other programs like P2A listen to them.   

Dave

Thank you. I have that ticked now. May be a coincidence (I still suspect user error!)

A 2 hour flight this morning and no sound detect loss. I have got into a habit of doing a radio check every 15mins just to keep it ‘alive’. I’ll try next without it. 
Also got my terps folder sorted for my non USA charts. It kept asking to open in MS Edge. Found most of my queries are resolved by just RTFM 🤣

will be purchasing the product. Loving it. 

it will cost me $80.00 AUD but i do like it still not sure how it will run with

Multi Crew Experience  i hope someone does y tube vid on it

9 hours ago, Burge said:

it will cost me $80.00 AUD but i do like it still not sure how it will run with

Multi Crew Experience  i hope someone does y tube vid on it

They run together perfectly well although sadly they do not interact with each other (if they did it would be the icing on the cake).

You can choose the same TTS voice for MCE's FO and Pilot2ATC's copilot so that if you make Pilot2ATC do automated copilot comms, it'll sound like MCE's FO is communitcating with ATC. MCE wil also recognise the radio frequency changes (performed by the automated Pilot2ATC copilot option) and call them out.

Edited by bloodystump
add more info

I didn't regret any cent for this amazing software.

On the top great support from the developer.

Frank J. Herter

My trial is about to expire and I’m likely to buy it,although I’ve started to get it hanging almost every flight and the app is unresponsive and windows ends up with the ‘end process’ dialogue. 
I run it alongside FSEconomy plus also have spad.next running for my Logitech panels. Not sure too much is going on!

Edited by Martyn Brinton

Sounds like you might be running out of Memory.

You can check the % memory usage in Windows Task Mgr and if it is running above about 80%, that's a definite sign.

Dave

Ok. An extra 32gb added seems to have solved the issue. 
just need to get to the bottom of why P2A loses my mic part way through the flight. I can restart P2A, reload my flight and it works again. 

may try a BLE mic - currently using a USB one.