Sign in to follow this  
altenae

Extreme framerate decrease (memory leak ?)

Hi All,

I have a high end PC with a RTX 3080 and all runs very smooth.

But sometimes on major airports the FPS are decreasing the longer you are at he airport.
Example:

At EDDF the FPS are 35.
During taxi to the gate it's decreasing to 5 FPS.
When saving the flight at that position and load the flight from that exact position it's back to 35 FPS !!!

I also saw this behaviour at PARIS CDG T1.

Anyone seeing this before ?

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

That is weird.

What version of Windows do you have? 

On Windows 10 1903 I had a bug where the sim would almost grind to a halt when the sim was in focus. If I ran another program and clicked on that with the sim in the background, the sim ran great again. Updating to Windows 10 2004 fixed it. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Running Windows 10 2004 

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

The last patch introduced an error where I couldn't load a flight in any medium or large sized airport. The blue bar would stop at around 80% and then CTD. Clearing out most of my Community folder fixed that. 

This might be a related bug, I don't know. Sometimes I get freezes for a few seconds when at a large airport, but then it's smooth after. 

I also have a new Ampere GPU, and I had some weird performance issues until I did a clean install of the latest Nvidia driver. Maybe worth a try.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Yes will try. 

Strange that if you load the same situation again the framerates are high again. 

• Like 1