Sign in to follow this  
EosDawn

TBM-930 Autopilot Strange Behavior

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post.

My problem with autopilot on the TBM-930 is when I start from a parking place at any airport. After taking off and engaging the autopilot it will not start or join the flight plan course. It starts on a different course and continues on that straight line course, ignoring the flight plan. If I then start the flight from a runway at the same airport, autopilot behaves normally. The behavior is reproducible with any airport.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

when you’re starting cold and dark are you switching the autopilot / trim switch on the right side of the overhead panel on? If you don’t switch it on the autopilot won’t work, 

hope this helps

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks, actually stumbled on that initially. But my problem was when you start cold and dark, the PFD is set to VOR1, should be set to FMS for autopilot to follow the flight plan. Live and Learn !