Sign in to follow this  
Bbrain

C172 won't leave the ground.

After the update  #5 I am getting this weird effect where the C172 simply won't leave the ground. All seems normal, but after accelerating to takeoff speed full back on the elevator simply raises the nose wheel about a foot, but no takeoff. I have been flying the C172 for weeks with no problems. The problem seems to be confined to the C172. I have tried several of the other prop planes and they are all fine. I deleted and reinstalled the C172, no difference. The control surfaces appear to move when I look at the external view. I removed the upgrade to the G1000 that I had in my community folder, still no luck. 

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

@Steve Dra had this issue and attributed it to MSFS using the "legacy" flight model... have you checked this?

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Sorry, I should mentioned I checked that as well. Trim is set for takeoff. I also double checked the weight & balance just to be sure it was within spec. I haven't checked the "legacy" flight setting, I'll give it a try.

Besides the suggestions already mentioned: The latest update modified the control settings (sensitivity, dead zone...), so you may look there and perhaps, change the elevator control curve.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

cavaricooper,      you nailed it! changed my setting to "modern", everything worked great. Thanks for the tip.  😃

That's another miracle which I don't get. Why have a noticeable number of users set this to "Lagacy" while others like me retained "Modern" during the Update?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, pmb said:

That's another miracle which I don't get. Why have a noticeable number of users set this to "Lagacy" while others like me retained "Modern" during the Update?

Kind regards, Michael

I have no idea.  I created a wislist item on the MSFS forums to have them change how the Legacy mode option is presented.  There are over 10 posts per day of people on the official forum who are having their sim experience negatively impacted by this poorly-thought-out option. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/move-legacy-flight-model-option-out-of-ui-and-into-aircraft-xml-or-cfg-or-label-more-clearly-what-it-is-for/309324/11

I wonder if Geforce Experience is mucking with this setting?

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Michael-

Reading this forum it appears THERE ARE MANY THINGS different across our simulator installations... and I cannot understand WHY?  Something's fishy in Denmark...

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Thank @Steve Dra... but I’m glad it worked out!

C

When I got frustrated with the fact that the Bonanza would not fly correctly, I took a trip in the Cessna and noticed the exact same behavior. That's when I started looking around and found it. 

I have no earthly idea why that setting changed. But it will be absolutely the first thing I check after every patch from this point going forward

There is a possibility that the Nvidia software is somehow altering it, not sure but we'll keep an eye on that as well after each update

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

I too have not had "Modern" changed thru any of the updates. I don't have an answer why...sorry.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I also never had the default "Modern" changed to "Legacy". I wonder why so many people had it on "Legacy".

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

9 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

There is a possibility that the Nvidia software is somehow altering it, not sure but we'll keep an eye on that as well after each update

While Nvidia GeForce Experience can alter some settings, I don't see this included in the list which I just looked up. There must be something else at work.

Kind regards, Michael