Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Simmarket has allot of great scenery for FS2020

I've been looking at Simmarket in the last few days filtering out FS2020 scenery.  Allot of great options are available. FSXScenery is doing a great job with their versions.  I originally couldn't get St. Pete in Florida to work but now it's fixed.  All their other scenery looks concerning what I downloaded.  Sanford in Florida had a slight cargo hanger height issue.  I'll have to redownload to see if they fixed it.  Other than that their scenery looks great.  Their doing better in FS2020 than they did in previous versions.  Concerning the other developers releasing scenery we have to great options being available without much fanfare.  Just thought I'd let everyone know so we can show our support for these great creations.

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Alongside the good stuff there's some very shoddy stuff as well, the lack of a Refund Option has put me off that site unless good friends vouch for an item.

One chap on there released Free Scenery for my local area but it was very poor, that didn't bode well for the stuff he has at a price as I wouldn't risk the purchase.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Airworhty Designs presents
Saint Martin and Grand Case scenery 🙂

It looks really, really good.

I was very surprised at the volume of scenery coming onto the market from designers I had never come across before in P3D or XP.

I wondered where they have come from since I was reading in the early days of the MSFS release that the SDK was deficient. Yet the scenery flowed.

Is there any way to find the track history of the various designers releasing via Simmarket?

T45

2 hours ago, airlinejets said:

Airworhty Designs presents
Saint Martin and Grand Case scenery 🙂

It looks really, really good.

Not sure seen anything quite like it, this is some detail, 🙂

36 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

I was very surprised at the volume of scenery coming onto the market from designers I had never come across before in P3D or XP.

I think this has something to do with it....(just my opinion...but makes sense to me) 🙂

1bHFXH.jpg

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

A lot of scenery but no great airplanes to fly with pffffffffffff

I would like a flightsimulator not a airport simulator!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

A lot of scenery but no airplanes to fly with pffffffffffff

Steve, with all due respect, I understand your point about customer base.  But if we turn that around a bit the thimble is reversed so far on some other significant aspects.  I have over 220 really well done freeware and payware airports in FSX/P3D that MSFS needs to catch up on before all of the thimbles are on the previous sims side.  For example, here is my home airport, KESN, in MSFS.  I have run into the same at three other airports in just the last week.  KMTV, KHSV, and KCTJ.  KIGQ also has half the airport as blobs of color on the ground.

Quality payware major airports missing so far for MSFS include Indianapolis, Kansas City, St Louis, Minneapolis, Baltimore-Washington, Philadelphia, and on and on.  I hope your customer base continues to hold true and then we will eventually see those emerge.

image.png.416c77eb2654d5d296d130b9627d2f49.png

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I buy from MSFS in-sim marketplace only and don't like buying from third party marketplaces for the following reasons:

Some or most of these addon vendors require a username and password to buy XYZ addon.

Then they require you to download/install their launcher/installer, and to do that, often times you have to create another username and password. (Case in point: ORBX)

Sometimes some vendors don’t provide launcher/installer, and therefore you have to manually download and install the addon. (Case in point: FSLabs).

Sometimes these same vendors require you correctly solve mathematical puzzles before you are able to register to buy the addon. This is so that they have proof that you are a human and not a cyber bot. (Case in point: Drzewiecki Design).

Once you finish downloading/installing the launcher/installers, you then have to create another set of username and password just to use it. (Case in point: ORBX).

All of these addons bought separately from vendors require you to use separate support forums, which require another set of username and password. (Case in point: ORBX).

Sometimes these vendors install addons wherever they feel like it, and when you move them to a place of your choice, they no longer work. Then you contact them, and they refuse to help (Case in point: Leonardo MD-80 won’t work if you move it out of its initial/original installation directory, which is…wait for it…the C/Users/My Documents).

Sometimes these addon vendors require you to pay a yearly fee just so that they can provide you with technical support. If you complain about it, you get nasty attitude in return. (Case in point: Black Marble).

Sometimes these addon vendors require you to pay extra money if you ever choose to download them again, say a year later (Case in point: LLH Creations).

If these vendors ever go bankrupt and close shop, good luck with downloading or receiving support for the product/s you bought.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

A lot of scenery but no great airplanes to fly with pffffffffffff

I would like a flightsimulator not a airport simulator!

Have you tried Rob Young's Bonanza mod with the WTG1000 mod?

I'd say that there a few beautifully rendered airplanes that will give you plenty of sim time.

But only if you are a VFR pilot. 😀

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Simmarket then needs to add MFS 2020, or MSFS 2020, take your pick, to the top bar on it's home page, beside the links for the other sims.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Simmarket then needs to add MFS 2020, or MSFS 2020, take your pick, to the top bar on it's home page, beside the links for the other sims.

The German version which I use has it: It's (properly 😉) called "Microsoft Flight Simulator" and includes the scrolldown subcategories Landmarks etc.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

It is there! At the moment, it's their top selling platform.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Have you tried Rob Young's Bonanza mod with the WTG1000 mod?

I'd say that there a few beautifully rendered airplanes that will give you plenty of sim time.

But only if you are a VFR pilot. 😀

Thanks for the info!

No, I like to fly airliners like Fslabs and Pmdg! Bought the Carenado Ovation had quite abit of fun with that but still miss my complex airline sims.

Edited by rob0203