Sign in to follow this  
EDDB2020

Instant CTD after XBOX and Gaming Services update today

Anyone?

Played yesterday with the latest NVIDIA driver 457.09, no problems at all.

It seems there is some connection to the latest updates for XBOX and the Gaming Services (from the official forums):

I rolled back my windows and deactivated automatic updates in MS Store.
Stopping the Xbox Gameing Service Update to install.
and now i can start the sim again.
so the XBOX Gaming service update broke the sim.

Full thread here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simulator-doesnt-start-anymore-at-all/314155

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

Yeah, just posted about it at the same time, lol. Updated Xbox app and now the sim crashes when loading.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just saw that in the official forums - turn off the windows defender real time protection, yes, works for me.

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

On 11/3/2020 at 8:34 PM, EDDB2020 said:

Just saw that in the official forums - turn off the windows defender real time protection, yes, works for me.

On 11/3/2020 at 8:39 PM, JSmith2112 said:

Thanks turning off defender worked.

Now you can play with windows defender and real-time protection - on.

How to.
In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

right click on powershell and select run as administrator

Copy/paste to powershell window

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\flightsimulator.exe”

(right click to paste into powershell window)

and press enter

ZejPher.jpg

Run MSFS.

source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simulator-doesnt-start-anymore-at-all/314155/247?u=tenpatrol

Edited by _Patrol

much simpler procedure: simply add an exception process in Windows Defender and simply enter "flightsimulator.exe" . thats all. Defender Realtime protection can be left active.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Unfortunately, some people report that this still doesn't work for them.

I am confident that the problem is caused by a mandatory “gaming services” update.

The update replaces version 10.0.19041. 4332 with version 10.0.19041. 4271 and the sim won’t load.

I restored an older backup of my OS drive (C:) and on bootup, I quickly paused MSStore from updating the gaming services app.

With automatic updates disabled in MStore, the Gaming Services update now waits for me to manually update (which I will not do until they fix the problem).

I have passed this info on to the ZenDesk.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

well done!

everything running smoothly again, after adding flightsimulator.exe as an exception in Windows Defender. had nothing to do with Asobo, for a change. They were only affected.

next time I started Flightsimulator the Windows Firewall came up.(I think that changes to Gaming service and Xbox app triggered the Firewall). I granted Flightsimulator.exe access for private networks through the Firewall and everything is back to normal, now its Asobo's turn to crash something again 🙂

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

after excluding flighsimulator.exe in the defender it works for me. but before I uninstalled the FS2020 and rebuilt Windows 10 and downloaded FS2020 again, but didnt work.
But after the defender exclusion of flightsimulator.exe it worked again.

Windows 11 / MSFS from MS-Store and EFB2 from Aivlasoft

the solution was already posted just minutes after the crash occured on forums.flightsimulator.com but re-format and re-partition Drive C  is always a good idea when Flightsimulator doesn't start 😊

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simulator-doesnt-start-anymore-at-all/314155

even better idea: Microsoft Forum admin posts an alert, informing everybody of the issue and describe the solution. why don't they?

Edited by turbomax

very nice.