Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

Climb thrust command in latest dev A32X mod

Hi all,

I'm doing a flight in the A320 in FS2020.

Right now I'm in climb thrust or CLB where speeds are adjusted automatically which is where I want it.

Instead of saying that climb thrust is already selected, it goes one notch above this setting and causes me to overspeed. Since it's hit or miss whether I can see the CLB setting on the PD with OCR, I rely on MCE to put me there. It worked once before with the default, but perhaps the latest dev mod of that A32 changed it recently?

So I think I was in continuous thrust for the entire climb when the master caution went off, and I questioned if I went one notch back on the autothrottle whether I was in climb thrust or not so it'd adjust for cruise. It did, but not sure why MCE didn't put me on it when I said climb thrust after takeoff stuff is cleared.

Reporting here because I don't know which bug it is, an MCE or a mod one, or whether I just am doing something wrong. I'd have the in-sim takeoff assist help if it wasn't broken with the throttle.

Hello back at you Orinks.

This will be off topic from the topic that you listed, but I need to ask you the following question as a fellow BVI Pilot, please?

My pc is a win 10 pc with a i 7 processor and 12 gigs of ram.

Every time I launch FS 2020 from steam, all I hear is music.

I can not gain access to the free flight, I can not select a aircraft, I can't file a flight plan, and I also can't gain access to the settings like I could with in FSX.

So, as a fellow BVI Pilot, why can I not access FS 2020?

Very Thankfully Yours, 

Ron who's a frustrated BVI grounded Pilot.

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

14 hours ago, Orinks said:

Hi all,

I'm doing a flight in the A320 in FS2020.

Right now I'm in climb thrust or CLB where speeds are adjusted automatically which is where I want it.

Instead of saying that climb thrust is already selected, it goes one notch above this setting and causes me to overspeed. Since it's hit or miss whether I can see the CLB setting on the PD with OCR, I rely on MCE to put me there. It worked once before with the default, but perhaps the latest dev mod of that A32 changed it recently?

So I think I was in continuous thrust for the entire climb when the master caution went off, and I questioned if I went one notch back on the autothrottle whether I was in climb thrust or not so it'd adjust for cruise. It did, but not sure why MCE didn't put me on it when I said climb thrust after takeoff stuff is cleared.

Reporting here because I don't know which bug it is, an MCE or a mod one, or whether I just am doing something wrong. I'd have the in-sim takeoff assist help if it wasn't broken with the throttle.

Firstly the Nx 32 4.1 is Bugged!

Its not MCE to blame, its FBW and ASobo!

Secondly, the "climb" detent on your throttle, its vital to check its in CLM....its buggy. You need to ensure its in the CLM detant!

All MSFS stuff is bugey! We are beta testers!

MSFS is a beta project.

Thats why we have 3rd party FBW Nx32 sims working away to give us a decent airbus.

The vanilla Airbus is horrible!

Its a sad state of affairs when we need 3rd party devs to give us an Airbus?

Go back to the FSLAbs Bus in P3d and you will be shocked! No comparison!

Similarly, the QW 787 in P3d is nothing like the Asobo 787. 

I took one look at the Asobo 787 and deleted it...Uh..Horrid! YUK! Thats not a flight sim its an abomination!

Sorry for being so negative. But we have a beautiful sim. MSFS is BEAUTIFUL.

Thats been rushed into production, to make money.

Its bugged!

The Simconnect is not correct.

The SDK is not complete.

MCE is the best add on currently on the market.

Because the programmer knows what hes doing!

All the other add on makers are blind!

Thanks

Yours

David

8 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Firstly the Nx 32 4.1 is Bugged!

Its not MCE to blame, its FBW and ASobo!

Secondly, the "climb" detent on your throttle, its vital to check its in CLM....its buggy. You need to ensure its in the CLM detant!

All MSFS stuff is bugey! We are beta testers!

MSFS is a beta project.

Thats why we have 3rd party FBW Nx32 sims working away to give us a decent airbus.

The vanilla Airbus is horrible!

Its a sad state of affairs when we need 3rd party devs to give us an Airbus?

Go back to the FSLAbs Bus in P3d and you will be shocked! No comparison!

Similarly, the QW 787 in P3d is nothing like the Asobo 787. 

I took one look at the Asobo 787 and deleted it...Uh..Horrid! YUK! Thats not a flight sim its an abomination!

Sorry for being so negative. But we have a beautiful sim. MSFS is BEAUTIFUL.

Thats been rushed into production, to make money.

Its bugged!

The Simconnect is not correct.

The SDK is not complete.

MCE is the best add on currently on the market.

Because the programmer knows what hes doing!

All the other add on makers are blind!

Thanks

Yours

David

Honestly it sounds like FS2020 should've been released as an early access product to the public. The closed beta didn't do much.

BlindPilot, the methods which I use to access the horid, inaccessible FS2020 interface aren't worth me describing here. First off, you need NVDA, you need to learn how to use OCR and you must have a physical mouse to click the icons. Not only that, there is a chance that you can go out of the grid interface and get lost if you arrow around or if OCR happens to focus on the wrong thing. E.G. you focus on world map, click, and you end up at challenges.

I did not buy this. I have the game pass version and I will continue to have that until the sim improves generally and hopefully accessibility wise.

ATC is pretty bad. Managed altitude is also pretty messed up because it doesn't abide by ATC anyway. It should actually be the other way around, where you turn on managed altitude and ATC should climb you via your plan which should match what the FMS is doing, in theory.

I did a nice two hour flight yesterday only for it to be botched by ATC clearing me for an approach at 14000 feet when it wasn't even at a high elevated airport. So th landing assist goes by ATC, puts the gear and flaps out and the master caution blared in my ears until I adjusted it. Not like it helped any since we were not even close to being on final anyway.

I have enough workarounds to deal with access wise. Now I have to worry about correcting little stupid autopilot errors that it should handle on it's own for the most part. That and ATC being stupid. It may have SIDs/STARs support but ATC doesn't handle them correctly. I have PF3 so that might help somewhat. It sucks, considering this is my first time attempting to use an FMS system but it's horribly flawed. Can't even do a direct to correctly. I saw David's recent video where the aircraft bounced and didn't flair properly either.

I think MCE puts the  thrust mode to MCT instead of CLB  by mistake with the fbw mod.

Someone from MCE dev team could probably confirm this.

I use the FBW mod as well because it fixes the  FMC switching to different flight phases, e.g. the default a320 won't automatically switch to descend phase.

So a few things...

If a cruise flight level/and automatic flex temp calculated as such, on takeoff roll, is there a way to tell MCE via voice to set the throttle to flex detant?

Also, I'm not sure if this is part of David's flows or whether it just doesn't work, or whether it hasn't been implemented yet...

Voice commands for setting altitude to managed, heading to managed and speed to managed?

Select altitude/speed/heading works, but every time I've tried to say select altitude managed, or altitude managed, it doesn't work.

Even with flex temp set I've just had to set full power/TOGA thus far and I know that's not what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Orinks said:

So a few things...

If a cruise flight level/and automatic flex temp calculated as such, on takeoff roll, is there a way to tell MCE via voice to set the throttle to flex detant?

Also, I'm not sure if this is part of David's flows or whether it just doesn't work, or whether it hasn't been implemented yet...

Voice commands for setting altitude to managed, heading to managed and speed to managed?

Select altitude/speed/heading works, but every time I've tried to say select altitude managed, or altitude managed, it doesn't work.

Even with flex temp set I've just had to set full power/TOGA thus far and I know that's not what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks.

Yes I've implemented the managed and commanded commands.

I've uploaded my Flows and Checklists and sounds to Avsim library, so anyone can download them and have a play.

Recall that managed is flight computer MCDU has control and you "push" switch in. Commanded mode is where pilot selects mode and the switch gets pulled out, towards the pilot.

I did the managed and commanded modes with a little Vox Script flow. Dead simple. The flow begins with your voice command, "set managed Altitude/speed". Then in the flow you simply put "push altitude knob".

For "set commanded altitude/speed", in the flow you put "pull altitude/speed knob".

So it's simply a one line Vox Script. Push for commanded, pull for managed.

Works every time.

Cheers.

Edited by charlie130
Avsim libs have my flow.

6 hours ago, Orinks said:

So a few things...

There is no linear correspondence between throttle lever position and N1, EPR on most supported aircraft so one can move throttles to a specific position and expect the correct value, therefore, only on those planes that have a TOGA will a command such as "set TOGA thrust" get you the required thrust for the flex temp you set.

Here are commands you can use..

managed altitude

managed heading

managed speed

push altitude know

push heading knob

push speed knob

Some speech commands are only enabled for specific aircraft. Fist step is to make sure aircraft is fully supported and properly identified.

Here is how you can teach co-pilot to understand speech that comes to you naturally and seemingly speech engine not recognizing.

Here is a more detailed account of what David did in his flows so you don't have to learn his custom command and rather use any that suits you best.

For this, you'll be using a "side feature" of Voxscript which is to act as a translator (very few people know that).

Create a new flow and name it with the speech command you're having issues with. In this case "select altitude managed"

Once listed, select it and click <Edit>

In next screen, enable <Verbose> option so you can hear FO eply, then click <Edit script commands>

Now, the only difference with a normal flow, you're just going to add a single built-in command FO is trained to respond to. Either "managed altitude" or "push altitude knob". Don't forget to save.

From now on, speaking your very intuitive command would act as if you spoke the assigned built-in command you tied it to.

Note, the custom command doesn't even need to refer to "altitude" or "managed". It can be anything. A non-English language command, slang talk. Just needs to be written "the way it sounds". Could even have a command such as "set me up for automated descent" or "beebo zoof zingo" (I am hoping it doesn't mean anything in any language 🙂

Using this feature, you could train your co-pilot to understand natural speech and not have to remember exact wording, even though we have multiple variations for making a specific request.

Voice control isn't fun if you have to stick to rigid speech grammar demanding you spell "the", "is" in the sentence or nothing gets recognized.

In this case, could have been easier for us to just add your verbiage variation to the stock speech grammar, but I wanted you to know about this because I know you'll put it to good use.

Thanks.

You're wlelcome

Answers embedded above

16 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Yes I've implemented the managed and commanded commands.

I've uploaded my Flows and Checklists and sounds to Avsim library, so anyone can download them and have a play.

Recall that managed is flight computer MCDU has control and you "push" switch in. Commanded mode is where pilot selects mode and the switch gets pulled out, towards the pilot.

I did the managed and commanded modes with a little Vox Script flow. Dead simple. The flow begins with your voice command, "set managed Altitude/speed". Then in the flow you simply put "push altitude knob".

For "set commanded altitude/speed", in the flow you put "pull altitude/speed knob".

So it's simply a one line Vox Script. Push for commanded, pull for managed.

Works every time.

Cheers.

Where can I find the files in the avsim library? I'm not a fan of the avsim library search. I tried searching David Herky under Microsoft flight simulator, microsoft flight simulator misc files among others. Searching David Herky throughout the entire library comes up with 18 files, none of which are MSFS2020 related for me.

4 hours ago, Orinks said:

Where can I find the files in the avsim library? I'm not a fan of the avsim library search. I tried searching David Herky under Microsoft flight simulator, microsoft flight simulator misc files among others. Searching David Herky throughout the entire library comes up with 18 files, none of which are MSFS2020 related for me.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=MSFS+Neo&CatID=root&Go=Search

It's under MSFS Neo.

Enjoy!

Regards

David

Edited by charlie130
Link added