Sign in to follow this  
BeachAV8R

TrackIR4 and FSX...wow!

Guest spiffy_scimitar

yeah, track IR rocks. And if you think it's fun in FSX, just wait till you try it out in IL2...you'll never, never go back to hat switching ever again.

I am downloading both your video and a divx codec, i will watch soon after work hopefullyWhere did you buy TrackIR?Right from e-dimensional?I was thinking it would be a great Christmas present :)edit I watched it, neat stuff, maybe for Christmas?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

1 - New view mode features:One of the new features of FSX is the expansion of TrackIR into the different view modes. You still have use of the TrackIR in the "Virtual Cockpit" mode, with full 6 DOF support, but this has also been expanded to the other views as well. As always, to disable the TrackIR rotation in the different view modes, just press the F9 key (default) to pause the TrackIR software. "2D Cockpit" mode - TrackIR has support for head movement in both the Yaw and Pitch axes.Outside View: Tail

Thanks for the heads up guys. Very impressive.....the shot where he looks down and under the Maule's dash is incredible!

Thanks Clutch, Beach and Vince - that's all I needed to know.Regards,Mike :)

Hi Vince,Can I install over 4.1 (build 28) or should I first uninstall the existing version?Mike

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

When you run the installer, it will uninstall the software the first time, then run it again to install the new version.

Guest Rake7575

BeachAV8RGreat stuff--what's the specs on your computer and what impact does TIR4 have on FPS (if any)?THanks!Rake

>Great stuff--what's the specs on your computer and what impact>does TIR4 have on FPS (if any)?Glad everyone is enjoying the little demo video. I had owned a TrackIR2 before..so I knew what that was all about..but really had no idea how cool the TrackIR4 is. The ability to zoom in and out and crane your neck just like you do in the real airplane is cool. Very often when you are wing down on the base leg you have to stoop down in the real aircraft to see the end of the runway...TIR4 duplicates that movement pretty well.TIR doesn't seem to have any affect on frame-rates..although if you yank your head around quickly you can invoke a stutter as the scenery tries to load real quick. Smooth movements with your head are the key.I'm putting together another video here soon...just featuring some flying in FSX..mostly external views and stuff..but some TrackIR shots too.My specs: * Alienware Pentium 4, 3.4GHz * 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM * NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT PCI Express 256MB * Saitek X52 and CH Yoke & Pro PedalsI'm doing pretty well with that rig...medium settings though..and medium auto-gen in particular. Those trees are a killer...Regards..BeachAV8R

Guest killerwatt

Nice Video. you seem to be getting better results with TIR than I am. Can I ask what profile you are using? Is it a custom one? I am currently using a profile from a combat sim and its a bit to sensitive for me I think.

I'm using the default profile that installed with the beta-download of the newest Natural Point release. The sensitivity works fine for me. I have mine on top of my monitor. Vertical distance above my head (or where the sensor pickups are) is about 6 inches. Horizontal distance is 24 inches. The only problem I had..which to me a bit to figure out, was that my TrackIR worked fine the first day..then the 2nd day I was getting all screwed up tracking. I couldn't figure it out..adjusted my TrackIR hat and tilted the receiver..but it wouldn't work. Then I went into the View -> Tracking menu and saw that there were some other dots that the sensor was picking up. Bizzare..but I went into my other room and turned the light off and that fixed it...so I don't know if the sensor can pick-up reflected light or something off of other surfaces? Whatever the case..it went away and it works great!Good luck!BeachAV8R

So there is no FPS hit at all?? If this is the case, it just made the birthday list. Currently I am having a blast bush flying across central Mexico and into southern cali. in a Mooney Bravo. I do believe this would be the perfect addition. I have FPS locked at 30 and it stays pegged at 30 in the bush and detailed areas like las vegas/mcnarren, you think I would be ok with this, wouldnt want it to all of a sudden become a slideshow. Thanks for the video and post, I would have never seen this in time....Let me know. thanks in advance!Danon - -

Guest Purg

>Received my TIR4 in the mail the other day and took her for a>spin in FSX tonight...all I can say is WOW! My goodness how>far we've come from PC flight sim infancy!>>TrackIR4 with the 6 degrees of movement is just incredible. >The ability to zoom in while in the virtual cockpit by leaning>forward..and tilting and craning your head to look around>aircraft structures and over the nose...is just...well..you>have to see it to believe it! So I made a short 2 minute>video featuring some of the movements with FSX. It is so nice>to be able to look under the wing or around a window post to>keep the runway in sight...or to get closer to a switch in the>VC. I think it works best in cockpits that don't require a>ton of switch pulling..like the J-3 and more VFR-types of>aircraft. I don't have the patience to hunt around for>click-spots in the VC very much..so working something really>complex like the Level-D 767 or something might not be the>best implementation of TIR..(just my opinion)..TrackIR is an absolute must for any flight sim enthusiast. It's great with FSX for those that can get it working (I needed to massage mine to work, and that's no fault of naturalpoint...) but it absolutely excels in combat flight sim work. There is no single device that puts you in the game more than a TrackIR.If you don't have one, save up for one. If you can't save up for one, you can't have mine!

Hi,Just got mine, bought it from eDimensional. They had a -20$ offer + the fact that they are UK based saved me all the trouble with VAT and customs and yadayada.Ordered on a sunday, had them thursday at my door here in Copenhagen :)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest bass29

Hi! Has anyone here come up with their own tweaked profile for fsX?I bought my TIR and fsX at the same time, but just can't seem to improve on the default (which gives me problems). Specifically, my dead zone and overall speed is too harsh (fast), and when looking 45 degrees upwards the view seems to arc forward/up rather than straight up. I'm trying to create an acceleration curve to match the nice smooth space+mouse view, but so far no luck.The default "driving" profile works perfectly in rFactor, so I think it's specific to the profile/drivers for fsX rather than hardware positioning etc.Thanks,ChrisTIR 4.1.029A64 @2.4Ghz1Gb DDR400X800XTpe 256mbaudigy2zs1680x1050 res