Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Quality-wings 787 true glass/real light

On 1/8/2021 at 5:54 AM, tdenbrock said:

I tried these and no effect

Hi,

Same, no effect. Still the crazy power

An update for both TrueGlass and RealLight was pushed out by TFDi a couple of weeks ago. QW have confirmed they will be included in the next update to the 787 but in the mean time I believe you can get the updated DLLs from Orbx Central. 

I haven’t had chance to test these out yet but hopefully will do soon

Edited by mrlip
Typo

2 hours ago, mrlip said:

An update for both TrueGlass and RealLight was pushed out by TFDi a couple of weeks ago. QW have confirmed they will be included in the next update to the 787 but in the mean time I believe you can get the updated DLLs from Orbx Central. 

How does one get this update of TG and RL? I have a couple of aircraft that use it. How do I make sure I have the most up-to-date version? (King Air 350 and Aerosoft 330)

5 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

How does one get this update of TG and RL? I have a couple of aircraft that use it. How do I make sure I have the most up-to-date version? (King Air 350 and Aerosoft 330)

8 hours ago, mrlip said:

I believe you can get the updated DLLs from Orbx Central. 

13 hours ago, mrlip said:

in the mean time I believe you can get the updated DLLs from Orbx Central. 

Are you sure that is accurate?

If I look at both of these from Orbx Central they indicate Release dates of December 2019.😉

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, aldridgem said:

Are you sure that is accurate?

If I look at both of these from Orbx Central they indicate Release dates of December 2019.😉

Yes. Ignore the release date on Orbx, latest DLL's are from 4th January 2021.

Prior to updating I had RealLight Version 1.2.0.4 and TrueGlass Version 1.1.0.4

After updating I now have latest DLL's RealLight version 1.3.1 and TrueGlass Version 1.3.1

• Like 1

And do they work with HF1 of 5.1?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

And do they work with HF1 of 5.1?

Yes they do! I have them too! Works great and now device hung errors on those 2 updated apps.

Just remove the old reallight.dll and trueglass.dll from your sim root "gauges" directory. Run the new installers reallight and trueglass....that´s it.

Nothing more to do.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, mrlip said:

Hmmm... I look at Orbx Central last night and I don't even see TG and RL listed anymore! I know they USED to be there. But my KingAir was purchased through MilViz directly, so I never installed it via Orbx. 

47 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Hmmm... I look at Orbx Central last night and I don't even see TG and RL listed anymore! I know they USED to be there. But my KingAir was purchased through MilViz directly, so I never installed it via Orbx. 

Well if you start Orbx Central, navigate to the My Products menu at the top and scroll all the way to the bottom of the left nave pane, you should find RealLight and TrueGlass  under the "Misc" category where Objectflow and SODE are listed.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

13 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Yes they do! I have them too! Works great and now device hung errors on those 2 updated apps.

Just remove the old reallight.dll and trueglass.dll from your sim root "gauges" directory. Run the new installers reallight and trueglass....that´s it.

Nothing more to do.

Marcus

Did just that and did a short hop from a rainy EDDM in the Aerosoft 320 pro and no errors! Yes! Going to try tomorrow with the QW 787 and the CS757.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have installed them too and will be doing a hop from YSSY to NZAA today in the Aerosoft A320 Pro.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Aerosoft Airbus A320 working fine with the new Real Light and TrueGlass installed. P3Dv5.1 HF1. No CTDs so far.

Edited by aldridgem
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

43 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

Aerosoft Airbus A320 working fine with the new Real Light and TrueGlass installed. P3Dv5.1 HF1. No CTDs so far.

That's great to hear. Nice. Have some nice ctd-free flights. As it should be. Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

BUT they do not work in P3Dv4.5 after a complete re-install of v1.4. Maybe because of this xml in the RealLight folder...

<!-- P3Dv5 specific -->

<Configuration>
    <Settings>
        <Setting Name="FileType" Value="bmp"/>            
    </Settings>
    <Lights>
        <Light Name="GlareshieldFlood" Variable="GlareshieldFlood" VariableMinimum="0" VariableMaximum="6"/>
        <Light Name="GlareshieldText" Variable="GlareshieldText" VariableMinimum="0" VariableMaximum="1"/>
        <Light Name="MainPanelFlood" Variable="MainPanelFlood" VariableMinimum="0" VariableMaximum="6"/>
        <Light Name="MainPanelText" Variable="MainPanelText" VariableMinimum="0" VariableMaximum="1"/>
        <Light Name="PedestalText" Variable="PedestalText" VariableMinimum="0" VariableMaximum="1"/>

<Light Name="Annunciators" Variable="power_avail" VariableMinimum="0" VariableMaximum="1"/>

<!-- Exterior Model Textures (only for P3Dv4.3 and lower) -->
        <Light Name="Beacon" Variable="qw_bcn_splash" VariableMinimum="0" VariableMaximum="1"/>
        <Light Name="Wings" Variable="QW_OH_LIGHT_WING_Counter" VariableMinimum="17" VariableMaximum="18"/>
    </Lights>
</Configuration>

Note: P3dv5 specific.

Edited by Knoblet