Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

LatinVFR's Barcelona Released

@mrfilbert Nice job with the review. It's absolutely amazing what developers are doing with this sim. So much detail with little performance impact at a price that is affordable for most simmers.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Will we see an Imaginesim KATL review?

Possibly at some point. I don't own it at the moment and I have a bit of a backlog to get through, but I'd like to review it in the future. 

• Like 3

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

An update has been released.

Change log

• Improved hand made “Sagrada familia”
  • Terminal 1 texture corrections
  • Some ground textures corrections.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Waking this old thread up to ask if anyone in here knows if JustSim's LEBL is an improvement over this LatinVFR version of Barcelona El Prat or rather the other way around?

Did see how the JustSim version was released 2021 where the LatinVFR one was released back in 2020. Not sure why JustSim would decide to release the same airport (and even more so considering the good reviews the LatinVFR version had) unless they thought they would be able to make an even better rendition of El Prat.

Anyone with experience of both who could compare?

Richard Åsberg

I have the LatinVFR LEBL and a few Just Sim sceneries and I would trust Latin VFR's quality over Just Sim.  Just sim is a mid tier developer for the most part.  Latin VFR to me is a mid high tier developer.  Not on par with Flightbeam or Flytampa but word not allowed close.

Just Sim is good if you have no other choice.  For instance Dusseldorf.

I am quite happy with LatinVFRs LEBL and LEMD and KSAN... and KMIA.. and KMSY.. and KBDL.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Not sure why JustSim would decide to release the same airport (and even more so considering the good reviews the LatinVFR version had) unless they thought they would be able to make an even better rendition of El Prat.

...or, since JustSim had made LEBL for P3D (and probably FSX, but I don't know for sure) they probably decided that since they have a bunch of assets (source photos, etc.) already, they might as well make a MSFS version.  It has probably made them a little $$.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yep, that could of course be the case as well.

I also got a response elsewhere where someone said LatinVFR probably is the better of the two even when it was released earlier.

Richard Åsberg

On 11/5/2020 at 5:49 AM, David Roch said:

And if some textures could get a bit more love from the devs, the floor itself doesn't need more polishing!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.