Sign in to follow this  
zdsweet

P3D V5.1 Typical Flight1 Update Time GTN

Hey folks,

I sincerely apologize if I'm hitting a nerve asking this (I'm not sure if it's an over asked question or not with every P3D update), but I just reinstalled all of my P3D stuff and went ahead and went into 5.1 right off the bat (been out of simming since last February or so). 

I realized quickly thereafter I should have realized this update happened very recently and as such, most third party devs haven't completed updates for the new version of 5.1.

I'm a furloughed pilot due to COVID and used the GTN series from Flight1 to stay instrument current/proficient in Vatsim. Upon my initial launching in 5.1 in the Carenado Ovation today with the GTN, I got the message that my Flight1 software isn't compatible with the new version of PREPAR3D quite yet.

What is everyone's experience with devs such as Flight1 and other's lag times from a new release from Lockheed to a release on the 3rd party's end for an update to the new version? I'm excited to get back into some GTN flying in the new version.

Thanks!

As far as I can tell most devs seemed to get updates out very fast, including FS Labs. The RXP GTN was updated within a day 😉

• Like 1

David Porrett

Oh shoot! I own the RXP GTN so may use that for now until the Flight1 comes out. I tend to go with the Flight1 for the VC panel ability with the Carenado line up. I generally fly the single engine pistons IFR (Mooney mainly) for currency. Thanks for the response!

6 minutes ago, DavidP said:

As far as I can tell most devs seemed to get updates out very fast, including FS Labs. The RXP GTN was updated within a day 😉

1 hour ago, zdsweet said:

I tend to go with the Flight1 for the VC panel ability with the Carenado line up

You know RXP can integrate seamlessly into panels designed for the F1 GTN?

• Like 1

David Porrett

10 hours ago, DavidP said:

You know RXP can integrate seamlessly into panels designed for the F1 GTN?

I did not, no! That's awesome. Just dug through the forum a bit and found the how-to video. Got her all set. Thank you!

Edited by zdsweet
  • Like 2

I have both, but use RXP exclusively now. They are on it when it comes down to the updates. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 9:14 AM, zdsweet said:

I did not, no! That's awesome. Just dug through the forum a bit and found the how-to video. Got her all set. Thank you!

Any hints to where this video was found? I tried finding it with no luck. I would jump to the RXP version if I knew how to get it working. 

I am trying to cut back on my spending on flightsim products but it looks like I may have to switch to RXP. All the other utilities I use has been brought up date but nothing from Flight1....

Johan Pienaar

I have the Flight1 GTN Complete V2.22, and it's not working with 5.1HF1, can anyone confirm this? Thanks

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Ok, interesting. I'll run that tool. Which GTN version are you on?

Edited by d.tsakiris
Correction

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 11/29/2020 at 10:48 PM, pilatuz said:

Works fine for me. Make sure to run the update tool.

By me the update tool is not working

On 11/29/2020 at 10:30 PM, d.tsakiris said:

I have the Flight1 GTN Complete V2.22, and it's not working with 5.1HF1, can anyone confirm this? Thanks

Not working for me too

On 11/29/2020 at 3:30 PM, d.tsakiris said:

It is my humble opinion and until someone shows me otherwise that the F1 GTN first of all does not officially support the latest garmin trainer and are not updating it so I have no choice but to view the F1 GTN as abandon ware. While the RXP officially supports and updates to the latest garmin trainer.

Again just my opinion take it or leave it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD