Sign in to follow this  
Elvensmith

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Suggested Sensitivity Settings?

Been playing around with the "new" Sensitivity settings introduced with the latest patch and don't feel like I'm making much headway. Any change I make seems to have aircraft squirreling down the runway like a kite on a windy day (whether Cessna or Airbus) and pulling back on the stick jerks the thing into the air with no fine control. No matter what I do to the sensitivity or dead zones I can't get it back to where I had it before the patch.

If any other 3D Pro users would care to share their settings, I would be much obliged.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

With my FFB2 I just set everything to zero and cranked up the stick return force to make it very hard to move 😄

Which does not help you I know. 

Sensitivities are a personal thing. From what you are saying though I would start by getting rid of the deadzone, at least initially, and winding the two top sensitivities up (say 30%) and work from there. 

If it's any consolation, I have exactly the same problem(s) with the Logitech/Saitek X-52 Pro stick & rudder combination.

No problems at all with X-Plane or P3D ... but every aircraft I try in FS 2020 zips around like a bat out of hell. I've tried all the known tweaks and every kind of voodoo - with and without FSUIPC7.

I've come to the conclusion that it's not a controller problem - more of a problem with totally porked flight models (across the board) - especially with respect to friction and/or ground effect, that make landings and take-offs so impossibly unrealistic. I can't see how any amount of controller tweaking can sort out this mess.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

31 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I've come to the conclusion that it's not a controller problem - more of a problem with totally porked flight models (across the board) - especially with respect to friction and/or ground effect, that make landings and take-offs so impossibly unrealistic. I can't see how any amount of controller tweaking can sort out this mess.

Ironically landings, at least in the Cessnas, are fine at the two extremes, if you come in lined up really well and right on the numbers in terms of approach speed and height as you cross the threshold the plane almost land itself and alternatively if you are doing Harrison Ford style crazy antics it somehow just works.

On the other hand the "tiny bit low and slow and not really lined up" and the "diving at the runway thinking you are an SBD Dauntless on a bombing run" are both messed up, the first has you fishtailing down the runway and the second has you floating off the end like your in something slippery with a low wing like a Mooney.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

Been playing around with the "new" Sensitivity settings introduced with the latest patch and don't feel like I'm making much headway. Any change I make seems to have aircraft squirreling down the runway like a kite on a windy day (whether Cessna or Airbus) and pulling back on the stick jerks the thing into the air with no fine control. No matter what I do to the sensitivity or dead zones I can't get it back to where I had it before the patch.

If any other 3D Pro users would care to share their settings, I would be much obliged.

I just went through those, went to -45 on the X & Y axis for both sliders, and -30 for the Z axis. I left the throttle slider alone. Seems a lot more comfortable for me, as long as I don't hit the stops with the stick

Mark Lam

I'll give that a try MidCon. Not sure if it was another thread here or at FS dot com but someone suggested the way Asobo have defined the curve, regardless of settings if you pull right back or full twist rudder, you get this arcade full on input rather than the correct graduated analogue effect.

10 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

I'll give that a try MidCon. Not sure if it was another thread here or at FS dot com but someone suggested the way Asobo have defined the curve, regardless of settings if you pull right back or full twist rudder, you get this arcade full on input rather than the correct graduated analogue effect.

Hi Captain,

I'm not familiar with FSUIPC7, I purchased SPAD.next and LorbyAxisAndOhs for all my axis settings. In my opinion compared with MSFS settings it improved a lot. You have to play around a while - but once you got it, just fine. The SPAD.next gave me problems since the last update so I switched to Lorbys again. Both are available as a full version for 14 days free trial. So well worth to give it a go. Just make sure to remove all corresponding assignments in the sim.

Good luck

Mick

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

Well I haven't installed FSUIPC. I mean it kind of turned up by default in previous versions but not seen the need yet.

Hear what you say about those other programmes but think I will pass on paying money out to achieve what the sim was actually doing okay(ish) up until the last update!

This whole sensitivity problem is a joke ! Asobo needs to fix this. In the last FS program every plane was completely controllable on the ground and the plane could be steered very precisely. I never saw an issue. In the 2020 version the rudder doesn't even respond sometimes, even under 20 knots. If you are going to taxi where you want to go this has to be corrected . ASOBO....HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by slowtrak

I have yet to try the new update but I believe ASOBO will make some changes. As of right now some of the planes are down right unflyable.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I mean for the Extreme 3D Pro I just left it out of the box settings and it worked pretty well for me.

PJS37-You are one of the lucky ones then. I don't know what is going on here, but this has been an issue for me from day one. My 3D Pro has worked fine for years with every program I have ever used, except this one..........FSX worked great. Asobo needs to fix this now !

It worked pretty well for me too, at least from the beginning.

Then the patch prior to the last one did something weird, and I had to set all sensitivity sliders to neutral, which was working pretty good for me.

Then the latest patch redid everything, and now I had to introduce - 40 sensitivity on all axis.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Using the sensitivity scale wasn’t enough for me. Nothing felt realistic. However, editing the elevator, aileron and rudder values in the Flight Model cfg did make things better.  

I had the same issue with my Logitech 3D Pro after the last update. I reset the sensitivity to default. Worked like a charm. I did tweak the sensitivity a bit, but it wasn't really that bad with default settings.