Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

5800x/5900x CPU benchmarks coming in for MSFS

Not a lot of detail on what the full specs and sim settings but if true I think the 5800x and the 5900x will be the processor for the simmer. They release today for anyone who doesn’t know.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 3

Any idea where to buy them? I don't see any listing on Amazon in Europe

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

22 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Any idea where to buy them? I don't see any listing on Amazon in Europe

Overclockers would be a good shout, I know they have stock in the U.K. right now.

Would  very intresting to see a 5000 series AMD CPU paired with the upcoming 6900XT , can be a potential Nvidia 3090  Intel 10900k killer for MSFS if AMD Smart Access Memory works as they say.  

Edited by westman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, westman said:

Would  very intresting to see a 5000 series AMD CPU paired with the upcoming 6900XT , can be a potential Nvidia 3090  Intel 10900k killer for MSFS

Quite possibly, be interesting to see what the performance will be like with smart memory and rage enabled too could be a contender for sure at a much cheaper cost

Edited by Carts85

Although I get great performance from my 3900x I might just do another upgrade. Really nice to not have to buy a new motherboard and just plop that bad boy down in my current. And maybe pair that with and AMD card as well. hmmm.. 

• Like 4

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Although I get great performance from my 3900x I might just do another upgrade. Really nice to not have to buy a new motherboard and just plop that bad boy down in my current. And maybe pair that with and AMD card as well. hmmm.. 

I envy you mate, I need to do a full system upgrade.. I’m looking at £1500... not sure how to break the news to the mrs... Might have to tell her I’ve won a competition or something haha

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

thinking the same

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Can't wait to see the results from an AMD cpu paired with the new AMD video card. See Tom's Hardware website quote below.

"AMD is also leveraging its position as the only CPU maker that also makes discrete GPUs by rolling out its new Smart Memory Access feature. This new tech boosts gaming performance by enhancing data transfer performance between the CPU and GPU, but it only works if you have a Radeon RX 6000 graphics card, Ryzen 5000 processor, and a 500-series motherboard"      Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-9-5950x-5900x-zen-3-review

Mike

• Like 1

These got sold out instantly. At least in Norway. 

But I ordered an R9 5900X as a replacement for my R9 3900X anyway. Says expected delivery around 2nd of December.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Since you already have a very decent CPU I would recommend prolonging your purchase as much as you can. As with Zen 2, it is expected that chips from later batches will be able to hit boost clocks more consistently and be more stable in general. Also you get to skip any issues that might be fixed with newer BIOS revisions.

• Upvote 3

AMD 5900x + 6900xt will probably be the best pair of hardware for MSFS next year.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

43 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

AMD 5900x + 6900xt will probably be the best pair of hardware for MSFS next year.

It could be an overkill, actually. Maybe the 5800x + 6800xt combo would be a better option. 

Talking about next year’s possibilities, I wouldn’t be surprised to see new intel CPUs and a Nvidia 3080 Super and a 3080 Ti joining the fight.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel