Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Anyone seeing this in the oceans?

9 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I think people will always dig for something to complain about 🙄

Anyway, I don't find it a problem and even if is a problem, is the least thing I'd care about at the moment comparing to other dozens apparent issues in the sim. 

I guess you didn't bother to read my subsequent posts... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

11 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I guess you didn't bother to read my subsequent posts... 

Well, you asked, and we responded. That's all. Enjoy the sim.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Well, you asked, and we responded. That's all. Enjoy the sim.

Cheers, Ed

I wasn't talking about you.  I responded in this thread stating I'm out voted and conceded the point.  The discussion has evolved from my original post.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I see this all the time when I fly around the Great Lakes IRL and I was floored when I saw it in the sim.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I think the saying ‘Bigger fish to fry’ right now comes to mind. Personally I think it looks fine and tbh to get that real world effect of it moving would be difficult as you say an would also come at a performance cost which the sim can’t afford right now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Guys, this effect moves in the real world.  It's not static like what we have in the sim...

I stare out over the ocean here, and the visual effect of temperature differentials in the currents doesn't really move. It's quite realistically simulated in the sim (although with some artistic interpretation as some have noted).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Am I seeing it in the oceans.... yes.  The real ones.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

DsIGDN0.jpg?fb

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

In reality I think this effect is generated by currents or up-welling of different water layers. Asobo's attempt at recreating it is very convincing, they nailed it IMO.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

I really like it too. Adds to realism imho!

• Like 1

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

I see it on a calm day in the lake in my back yard. Whether Asobo needs to worry about modeling the movement of it though,  when there are so many other opportunities, is another matter.  If they run out of things to do in year 10, let’s plan to revisit this wonderful plan though...

Edited by FrankR409
  • Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Looks realistic to me.

Let's not create another situation like with the night lighting where everyone was up in arms and they made it worse.

Adding the missing water masks that have been shown in all of the "captured in realtime 4k" Wold Tour videos is a much much much higher priority than making this move.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 4

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

33 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Looks realistic to me.

Let's not create another situation like with the night lighting where everyone was up in arms and they made it worse.

Adding the missing water masks that have been shown in all of the "captured in realtime 4k" Wold Tour videos is a much much much higher priority than making this move.

Agree 100%. Bring on the water masks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

This is very realistic. This is what water looks like from the air, typically when it is a little bit breezy. I have always loved the effect, it looks very realistic to me. 

• Like 2

It's quite convincing, I like this aspect a lot. When water masks become more prevalent, the combination will be very lifelike.

• Like 1