Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Anyone seeing this in the oceans?

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Let's not create another situation like with the night lighting where everyone was up in arms and they made it worse.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

There are "bigger" things in the sim to be improved on, I think.  I'd rather have the sim become more robust(catch up with the other platforms) than harp too much on these these items right now.  This is a "nice icing on the cake".  

Plus, some smart 3rd parties could maybe enhance/add this effect.  Let's allow them(Asobo) to improve on the meaty stuff that's missing/broke.

Let's get our 737, 747 and 777(and others) back in this sim, then we'd be flying' so high up, we won't notice it:-)

Still, great point raised though.

Best,

RB

I saw it and love it. Very authentic in my opinion.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

6 hours ago, Dillon said:

Again this effect is not static in the real world.  It moves which adds the depth. I know that would be hard to simulate but if you guys love it I'm out voted... 

It would undoubtedly be more realistic if it dynamically reflected real world ocean currents in real time, but that may be asking a bit much from a flight sim.

Kudos for the calm acknowledgment of being outvoted though. Hopefully wider society will follow your example😅

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Adding the missing water masks that have been shown in all of the "captured in realtime 4k" Wold Tour videos is a much much much higher priority than making this move.

They've been adding more with each update (i think people said some of the Caribbean looks better with the most recent patch). The videos are probably recorded on internal dev versions with more up to date scenery.

Edited by Tuskin38

9 hours ago, Dillon said:

Anyone here seeing this in the water?  Scroll down to the screen shots.  Asobo needs to address this if it's not just me.  

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ice-sheet-oil-slick-look-over-the-open-ocean-is-not-working/315151/9

Seen it lots of times in the real World. It has a lot to do with temperature variations. Used to see it all the time in Tenerife when I was diving. The fact that MSFS implemented it in FS left me amazed. Incredible detail. You need to get to the beach more often.😉

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

It looks great, just another of Dillon's topics...

When on a Island on Holiday I see this all the time, its really nice to see it in the sim, but as normal.....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I do find it rather amusing that a feature that was obviously put in there to make the water look more realistic rather than just a uniform slab of colour was thought of as a bug, whether it moves or not.  😄

I also like the feature - I think it looks great, and I have seen it plenty of times in real life also. 

As others have said, as far as water improvement goes, I would just like them to concentrate on the water masks around the islands etc, and the boats looking like they are under water in the harbours.  I also expect waterfalls might be improved once they have the particle effects (contrails etc.) going.  I am expecting this quite soon actually.

PS. I don't think it is a case of being 'out voted'.  It is just a simple misunderstanding maybe.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Like it as well. Definitely one of the things that make the other sims look like 1995. 

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It looks really good, and far better than the unrealistic slab we had before.

Some people need to look up from their screens and take a look at the real world sometimes 🤣

It‘s one of the features I really like. It looks very realistic if you ask me. 

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

34 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

It‘s one of the features I really like. It looks very realistic if you ask me. 

Yes it does and I suspect that willing to add some dynamic to this effect   would tax our computers a bit too much and is not a priority (YMMV) compared to a better water friction physics for floats and hulls.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This is nitpicking when there are real issues elsewhere, me thinks,no?