Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

[Answered] Problem with new installation.

Hello Symbol,

I upgrade my server PC to a windows 10 to be able to upgrade to P3dV5. Now when I try to run the program, I get a Microsoft.NET Framework error message.

It reads UNhandled exceptiom has ocurred.

I also notice the the path to the simulator is incorrect it reads:

P:\Lockheed Martin\\ Prepar3D exe, where it should be:   P:\Lockheed Martin \\ Prepar3Dv5 \ Prepar3D exe.

In my Windows 7 PC I had AI lights in a different SSD than C, so for the new configuration, I just took that disk and plugged into the new server.

Should I deactivate the license?

Thanks

Juan G. Ducaud

Hi Juan,

If you are getting this error with the incorrect path for P3D, it means your installation of P3D is not correct as AILRP reads this from your system registry.

This is most likely caused by moving the drive like this, normally when you move the drive it will contain files, but your system and OS will have some information in the registry that doesn't match.. causing problems like this.

Although you can repair the issue with AILRP by editing your system registry, finding the key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 and modifying the installation path to be correct.. I would strongly advise to re-install things correctly (P3D and all your add-ons)  to avoid problems in the future.

Regards,

S.

Edited by simbol

Thanks Simbol,

I can not de-registered my serial number, can you do it for me, So I can do a fresh install?

Regards

Juan

19 minutes ago, ducaud said:

Thanks Simbol,

I can not de-registered my serial number, can you do it for me, So I can do a fresh install?

Regards

Juan

You need to email me your email address, otherwise I have no means to know which is your serial key, etc.

Please understand your P3D installation is the main cause of the error.

S. 

Hello Symbol,

I do not understand why is the installation wrong?

I did install outside the Program FIles in a separate SSD, with the following path  P:\\Lockeed Martin\Prepar3Dv5

I have many other addons installed also in client PCs like ProATCx, Active Sky, Prosim737, Little NavMap, and any of them have any issues finding Ptrepar3Dv5.

I believe that my mistake was, instead of installing a fresh copy of Ai lights reborn. I run the previous installation, on which P3dV4.5 was in different location. I remember that I got a message when installing that it had found a previous installation.

Thanks

Juan

I re install Ai lIghts reborn, and now I am stuck trying to activate it . 

I enter my Name, last name, email then in activation code I entered the License Key I received at purchase, the I entered a password twice.

My password had more than 7 characters it has numbers a capital letter and a special character, but I still receive the message that the password must contain more than 7 characters at least one upper case character and one special character. It has all of that.

Thanks

Juan

Because the registry entry for P3D is indicating the installation is somewere else, this is why AILRP is throwing an error. Basically your computer is saying P3D is installed somewere that it is not.

You need to correct the Lockheed Martin installation path in your registry.

This is mine, note how the installation path maches where I do have P3D and it has a en "\" character at the end:

zwc8u7S.png

3 minutes ago, ducaud said:

I re install Ai lIghts reborn, and now I am stuck trying to activate it . 

I enter my Name, last name, email then in activation code I entered the License Key I received at purchase, the I entered a password twice.

My password had more than 7 characters it has numbers a capital letter and a special character, but I still receive the message that the password must contain more than 7 characters at least one upper case character and one special character. It has all of that.

Thanks

Juan

As I said earlier, I am happy to clear your Key, but I don;t know what is your serial number, if you email me at support@fsreborn.com with the email you used to activate I can do this.

Regards,

S.

Great Thank you Simbol, I changed the registry entry, but I was missing the last character. 

I will send you an email now to the support email.

Regards

Juan

Once the key is reset, and I want to registered my software, the menu to do that request you to enter the Activation Code, is that the same as the License Key I received when I purchased the license?

Thanks

Juan

Sadly now on P3Dv5.1 and AILRP pro still has an error on my system and not usable, my sims work great and my other addons 

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

Sadly now on P3Dv5.1 and AILRP pro still has an error on my system and not usable, my sims work great and my other addons 

Fry,

The only way I can help you is by trying a remote session to diagnose why you get an error.

We can schedule it this week.

Regards,

S.