Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Will you support and acquire FSUIPC v7 ?

16 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

It was clumsy to use.

I tried telling John that but it didn't go down well.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

25 minutes ago, Steku said:

Unbinding all 2-position switches and magneto switch in the sim and binding in FSUIPC. Right, both, start positions of magneto switch require LUA script. All well documented on this and FSUIPC forums.

Seems like Honeycomb should work with MS to get their expensive controller working in the sim.  Not users buying extra software for another $25. What have they done to try to resolve this?  It's been present since launch.  Didn't MS ship Honeycomb yokes to the YouTubers who hyped the sim up pre-launch?

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

It's very good IF you can install it. I've just paid for v7 from SimMarket, downloaded it tried to install it and tried to register it. Borked! I tried to download it again but the download isn't available nor is the forum. I'm not happy.

Ron-

Out with the Trolly Dolly, but I can talk you through it tomorrow. Well worth the dosh mate!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

11 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Nope. Don't need it. Don't want it. Got a TM HOTAS X here controlling just fine.

Why add complicating layers of extra code and resource users in the sim?

+1

Absolutely

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

10 hours ago, ark said:

That problem is likely due to the current poor condition of the MSFS SimConnect. Al

Whatever the cause I'm not interested until this basic stuff works w/ FSUIPC.   I've been a registered user for a very long time but w/o this basic functionality it's not worth much to me.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

53 minutes ago, Noel said:

Whatever the cause I'm not interested until this basic stuff works w/ FSUIPC.   I've been a registered user for a very long time but w/o this basic functionality it's not worth much to me.

I think you misunderstand my point. I certainly wasn't suggesting you should buy FSUIPC  -- why would I do that, or care? Rather, since many are unfamiliar with FSUIPC, I was simply pointing out that some of the current limitations, like the ones both you and I mentioned, are not inherent to FSUIPC, but rather temporary limitations do to the poor state of the MSFS SDK.

Al

Edited by ark

I have no use for it right now, but maybe in the future.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

22 hours ago, kerosene31 said:

but if someone can confirm that it can help with the CH Throttle issue it would give me encouragement to invest the time.

I've been using Lorby's Axis and Ohs for the CH throttle problem. I couldn't get more than 50% on my throttles previously.. Had to use the 2 middle levers for throttle to get full range with MSFS controlling it. Axis and Ohs works great. I also like the fact that each aircraft has it's own profile. I could never get the FSUIPC profiles to work properly, (although I'm sure that was me and not the software) but the Lorby software is super easy to use...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I've used FSUIPC to control the CHTQ with no issues at all. In my case ALL my inputs are through FSUIPC. I use a ch yoke, CHTQ, CH Rudders, Saitek x55 and occasionally an xbox controller. All plugged in all the time. If I'm flying single engine, twin, three holer or quads FSUIPC adjusts accordingly. In some cases FSUIPC was able to indicate to me when a controller wasn't functioning properly during calibration.

If you just fly one a/c most of the time with one controller, your need might not be as great.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

11 hours ago, ark said:

I think you misunderstand my point. I certainly wasn't suggesting you should buy FSUIPC  -- why would I do that, or care? Rather, since many are unfamiliar with FSUIPC, I was simply pointing out that some of the current limitations, like the ones both you and I mentioned, are not inherent to FSUIPC, but rather temporary limitations do to the poor state of the MSFS SDK.

Al

No I didn't misunderstand your point, I simply restated regardless of the cause of the problem of not being able to assign certain key combinations to controller buttons, without that functionality I have little use for FSUIPC.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Of course! It looks like those Swiss army knives, there is no lack of diversity

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

Buy it, installed it, register it, everything fine. Packed it in start routine from MSFS and I know where it is, if I needed .

thats how software has to work 👍

Stephan from Germany

My System

54 minutes ago, Noel said:

No I didn't misunderstand your point, I simply restated regardless of the cause of the problem of not being able to assign certain key combinations to controller buttons, without that functionality I have little use for FSUIPC.

OK, good, that's fine, then I just didn't understand why you felt the need to repeat yourself -- no problem.   😉

Al