Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Some of screenies

I see the new corner here :). It was long way for flying this legendary bird in P3D so congratulations on finally making it.

CRG for this release!

oILkWki.jpg

MoBySLk.jpg

Qh0DI2H.jpg

arCDGmD.jpg

W0fk5bl.jpg

KIRX3ZA.jpg

DsJqDIe.jpg

This model its a full of part of great history!

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

For the whole planet - this is the only way to fly this bird.  There is no model surviving except for 2 under the sea.

Any pilots alive who flew this bird from history.

Can you share some more of your experiences with this addon especially the complicated bits 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Prototype 3 (we have 3 version of Clipper here).

ByXqMPm.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Sunset flight and some of night lighting effects outside and inside.

yMDLt0S.jpg

ytqHkcN.jpg

EDTvmKP.jpg

Fbous9u.jpg

1N5dGzE.jpg

exPbMB4.jpg

j9M48Tr.jpg

RNnm6VY.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Wow!! She's lovely. I had the original B314 from Pilot's and loved it. More screens!! Lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

47 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

Wow!! She's lovely. I had the original B314 from Pilot's and loved it. More screens!! Lol

Thank You! 😀 yep, its a big adventure again!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 11/6/2020 at 6:11 PM, Skywolf said:

For the whole planet - this is the only way to fly this bird.  There is no model surviving except for 2 under the sea.

Any pilots alive who flew this bird from history.

Can you share some more of your experiences with this addon especially the complicated bits 

Skywolf,

I feel really fortunate that I actually met and talked to one of the last 314 Clipper pilots several years back. There is an annual breakfast fly-in held at our little local grass airstrip. Back in 2012, while checking out the small display tents they had set up, I came across and old guy sitting there by himself with a display of flying boat images and info. There wasn't anyone around him when I walked up, so I asked him what it was all about. Turned out he was Capt. Bill Nash, one of the Pan Am 314 Clipper pilots from the beginnings of WWII. Realizing I was talking to an important part of aviation history, I stayed and at talked to him a bit. He also showed up the next year at the 2013 fly-in. 

lkcmBo.jpg

Bill's Obituary:  https://clipperpioneers.com/william-b-nash/

A report he wrote about the crash of the Yankee Clipper:  https://clipperpioneers.com/william-b-nash/

Mentioned in one of the comments at the bottom:  https://www.clipperflyingboats.com/

Edited by FAC257
  • Like 2

@FAC257 Just Amazing you actually met him.

This is pure Aviation History Gold.

Even now, all we have for the legendary plane is pictures & video and now in a virtual craft.  Completely different era in world's commercial international aviation, This plane brings whole different meaning to ETOPS to ETPS (Engines turn or plane swims).  

Meeting a Captain from this era is just whole another level of wow.  

Thank you for sharing this pic.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Somewhere on panam.org (of course I can't find it) there's a picture of seven B-314 captains, of which only three are named. If I'm not much mistaken, Bill Nash is second from the left.

Also, just in passing, one of the gentlemen I spoke to for this project (Andrew Christensen) flew as a passenger on two Atlantic crossings by B-314. He did comment that he was a bit too young to remember much about it!

Edited by dragonflightdesign

Bill Nash was a regular contributor to the Airways Magazine. In the January 2011 issue he presents more than a dozen of "Pan Am's Flying Boat Pilots" (pages 48-53), among them well known names such as Robert Ford (first around the world flight) and Marius Lodeesen (flying the uranium for the nuclear bomb from Africa to the USA).

Ruediger von Oehsen

Win11Pro - i9 10900KF - RTX3090

X5FcxQ6.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

imPku4P.jpg

IVEcqch.jpg

43dsfEC.jpg

vZ6UAyz.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif