Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

Vertx DA62 - information for those interested

Hi Folks,

Just to share a little information regarding the Vertx DA62 and its auther Sean Moloney.

As most would be aware Sean and been offline and the Vertx website has been running under autopilot for some time.

Today Sean and I had a long chat and he's given me permission to post.

At present Sean is suffering from the loss of his much loved wife Carla to cancer some 6 months ago.

She'd been living with the illness for around 5 years, however took a turn for the worst and her last months required Sean's full time care and all the while being in a Covid-19 lockdown period.

Sean has asked for peoples understanding while he grieves and rebuilds his life, atm he's not sure as to which path he will take with regards to flight simming.

He has said he will make a decision as soon as he is able.

I hope the above clears up the reasons for Sean's MIA for the past year, it was a quite sorrowful conversation.

Best Regards

R

• Like 17
  • Upvote 6

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

16 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Hi Folks,

Just to share a little information regarding the Vertx DA62 and its auther Sean Moloney.

As most would be aware Sean and been offline and the Vertx website has been running under autopilot for some time.

Today Sean and I had a long chat and he's given me permission to post.

Send my deepest sympathy's to Sean and his family if he can't read these posts, and take as long as he likes to come to his decision, and if he does decide to return to flight simming, that he's a well respected dev and we'd be happy to see his return. In the meantime RIP to his wife, family always come first. 

Edited by eaim
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

I am so glad that there is some news though it is very sad news indeed.  Please send my deepest sympathies to him and his family during this time.  

I hope Sean can come back to flight simming while he rebuilds his life.  I am sure all of us will keep him engaged with positive conversations.

Can we sticky this topic for a bit on the forums here please.  This is big news for all of us.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

My deepest sympathies to Sean and his family. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. Very sad news indeed.

• Like 1

David Porrett

@Rogen, thank you very much for posting this. It's very sad to hear what has happened to Sean's wife and I can understand why he has prioritised the things that matter most in his life.

Only he can decide when his life can return to some normality. In the meantime I wish him well and hope he can get through this awful period in his life.

Topic pinned as it's useful info for all his customers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I echo everyone's feelings here.

As someone who has enjoyed his add-ons for years and was honored to have been a part of his DA-62 small beta team, I'm speechless.

This is a reminder of what really matters.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 hours ago, eaim said:

Send my deepest sympathy's to Sean and his family if he can't read these posts, and take as long as he likes to come to his decision, and if he does decide to return to flight simming, that he's a well respected dev and we'd be happy to see his return. In the meantime RIP to his wife, family always come first.

Suffice to say that I think a large portion of the simming community would extend these sentiments. 

He IS missed and would be resoundingly welcomed back to the community if that is what is decision is going to be. A decision not to return would also be respected I believe.  I would only add that if he could just convey to the community his final decision, we would be grateful for that too.

Thank you, Sean,  for your incredible contribution to flight simulation.

Regards

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Very sad news. I wish him the best as here struggles to deal with this loss. Thanks for the post and thanks to AVSIM for the pin. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

My thoughts and deepest feelings are with Sean. I hope he finds the strength and support to help him heal.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I am so sorry for your loss Sean. 

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Very sorry for your loss. See what a big difference it makes when everyone has some information, otherwise stuff gets made up!

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE