Sign in to follow this  
arncliffe

need help with c172 ils gns 530 mode

Hi there!I fly c172 classic with modded gns 530. When I select ILS approach it gives me for example runway 16 ils approach X and Y. What the difference between them and which one I have to choose?

I used to a2a c172 gns 400 in FSX-SE, and it was so much simpler and different..

This is true also in the real world. The approaches might have different minimas, platform altitudes, equipment requirement (despite both being ILS) and missed approach procedures / climb gradients. You would need to consult the actual plates to determine how they differ.

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

try Skyvector( mainly US airports?) or chartfox for starters. Both free resources

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

7 hours ago, arncliffe said:

Hi there!I fly c172 classic with modded gns 530. When I select ILS approach it gives me for example runway 16 ils approach X and Y. What the difference between them and which one I have to choose?

I used to a2a c172 gns 400 in FSX-SE, and it was so much simpler and different..

You need to look at approach plates to find out a difference. Remember that approaches are based on nav data which is outdated in MSFS

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI